What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you got Bob Weir's solo debut? Very much in the Workingman's Dead/American Beauty ballpark, with all of the Dead playing on it.

R-2743481-1341769275-5832.jpeg.jpg

Got jerrys first couple of solo albums, but not bob weirs. shamefully I've never heard anything off it either. Cheers :thumb: I will buy it.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Grateful Dead, From The Mars Hotel.

Never really heard any of the Dead albums after American Beauty. Must rectify that. 

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never really heard any of the Dead albums after American Beauty. Must rectify that. 

Well after American Beauty it all becomes a bit vague for a lot of people, but they made some really good stuff during the rest of the 70s and even 80s. Personally going by your tastes I think you would enjoy their lesser known albums. I got into their later stuff much later than their early stuff, but they have kind of become a bit of an obsession for me lately. 

• Like 1

There's a Double Album of Grateful Dead covers done by the brothers out of the National, featuring various different artists doing Dead songs. A number of them are superb. Including this, which is (IMO) an improvement on the original, by a mile. It just suits CB down to the ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

There's a Double Album of Grateful Dead covers done by the brothers out of the National, featuring various different artists doing Dead songs.

5CD box set, apparently.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Stoneroses.jpg

It's OK. But Second Coming is better. Not just a bit better, but massively, head and shoulders better. And so is the Seahorses album, for that matter. 

I realise this is a controversial view. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's OK. But Second Coming is better. Not just a bit better, but massively, head and shoulders better. And so is the Seahorses album, for that matter. 

I realise this is a controversial view. 

No it's not I agree one hundred percent. I like bass driven songs and Daybreak is a classic , that aside I prefer that album more. Just my opinion.  

I don't mind Second Coming at all, it's pretty decent, however, the debut album and the opening 3 tracks - boom! What a start to an album. 

• Like 2

Â