What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Do you get many by post @Risso ?

I'm always worried the postie will fold it or leave it out in the rain or summit. Which has meant I've missed out on a couple of things.

A few.  This was especially well wrapped, and we have a great postie who always sticks parcels in the garage if we're not in.  There's no proper record shop over here so it's the only way to buy for me really.  If I get a few minutes when I'm working in Manchester I'll try to nab a couple of things from Piccadilly Records.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Do you get many by post @Risso ?

I'm always worried the postie will fold it or leave it out in the rain or summit. Which has meant I've missed out on a couple of things.

Yet another advantage of CDs over vinyl. 

I do have CD's honest! My early 1990's CD player is technically far superior to my late 1960's turntable.

I just wouldn't get that irrational happy buzz from receiving a CD in the post, compared with that pretty thing Risso got.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I do have CD's honest! My early 1990's CD player is technically far superior to my late 1960's turntable.

I just wouldn't get that irrational happy buzz from receiving a CD in the post, compared with that pretty thing Risso got.

I would. Still buzzing over the lovely 12 string that my LP sale bought me. Not to mention the CDs it's still buying me. 

Different folks different strokes, I guess.

Right now I'm enjoying my distraction hobby of building a cheap 60's / 70's system and record collection. 

It is interesting how trendy the vinyl thing is at the moment. I've got a few spare turntables that I picked up, the dearest cost me £35 about 2 years ago. They're now popping up on gumtree and e-bay for £200 each in very average condition. I also enjoy looking at vinyl prices in HMV. I was in there today, killing 20 minutes whilst the fam were doing a trolley dash around Primark. Seriously, £30 for Who albums! £24 for all manner of run o' the mill stuff. Part of me wanted to tell people there's a record shop around the corner that has new vinyl for £8.99

Good timing cashing in. :)

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Good timing cashing in. :)

A mate of mine sold his collection to the same dealer, with that exact attitude - let's get rid before the bubble bursts. But yeah, I totally get the different strokes/distraction hobby thing. And I still have about 200 LPs anyway...   :)

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

The fad for vinyl only releases does my swede in.

Oh, now that DOES piss me off. I'm quite happy with a vinyl option for those who want it, but denying the music to non-vinyl buyers is out of order. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xann said:

The fad for vinyl only releases does my swede in.

yeah, well, cassettes

DB4wBjkVoAANQXm.jpg

(that's not mine, just the first pic I found)

But I was playing an old Carter USM tape yesterday!

Sonically there's some great tapes, but they deteriorate when you play them and they deteriorate if you don't.

When it comes to surviving a spell in the muddy footwell of a car, tape is king :)

I have a nice Dolby S player, been meaning to get it sorted for 18 years :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Risso said:

Excellent, going to get that.

Make sure you get the proper one...the one in this picture inexplicably has six tracks on the side you can see, the real one has five on each side :)

16 hours ago, Risso said:

A few.  This was especially well wrapped, and we have a great postie who always sticks parcels in the garage if we're not in.  There's no proper record shop over here so it's the only way to buy for me really.  If I get a few minutes when I'm working in Manchester I'll try to nab a couple of things from Piccadilly Records.

That Beach Fossils - Somersault has more than a hint of the fannies about it. You must have a fair collection of Piccadilly Records mugs, as well, by now then.

IMG_3143s.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, one of those people where a 'best of' is sufficient. Though they'll always leave something obvious off, so there can be a 'best of 2'.

The fuss that was made when he died, I'm actually amazed the earth is still turning.

My missus has a couple of Bowie albums, she hasn't realised they've been wrapped and sealed in carrier bags out the garage for at least 2 years...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, one of those people where a 'best of' is sufficient. Though they'll always leave something obvious off, so there can be a 'best of 2'.

The fuss that was made when he died, I'm actually amazed the earth is still turning.

My missus has a couple of Bowie albums, she hasn't realised they've been wrapped and sealed in carrier bags out the garage for at least 2 years...

I have a singles compilation plus the first 3 or 4 albums. Never play 'em. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I have a singles compilation plus the first 3 or 4 albums. Never play 'em. 

Despise him.

Still hopeful his nasty little secrets come into the public domain.

• Like 1

Â