What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 5/30/2017 at 07:25, il_serpente said:

cfX0ev2.jpg

Anyone in the UK familiar with him?  Never really went mainstream over here, either, though he was uncomfortably thrust in the spotlight when his song "Miss Misery" from "Good Will Hunting" was shockingly nominated for an academy award in '97 or '98.  Amazing songwriter and guitar player with an incredibly devoted following that persists 14 or so years after his demons caught up with him and he took his own life.  His output over only 8 or so years was impressive, and he had a lot of great stuff that was only ever heard on live recordings, usually bootlegs.

I went to see him in Leeds in 1998, when he was supporting bickster's and Blandy's favourite band.*

* Belle and Sebastian if you were wondering.

On 03/06/2017 at 19:28, Risso said:

This is the album thread, not the "awfully shit 45 I loved as a yoof" thread

;)

Edited by rjw63
shpeeling
  • Like 2

@rjw63 aaah, can I presume that Lindsey Buckingham thing is new?

too much of a coincidence that Thursday I had a message from my local shop asking if I wanted a copy put aside 'no pressure'?

Then another message that read 'hahahahaha no you won't want that - wrong chris'

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This is the album thread, not the "awfully shit 45 I loved as a yoof" thread

;)

Bless you, I wasn't exactly a youth when that was out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@rjw63 aaah, can I presume that Lindsey Buckingham thing is new?

too much of a coincidence that Thursday I had a message from my local shop asking if I wanted a copy put aside 'no pressure'?

Then another message that read 'hahahahaha no you won't want that - wrong chris'

Yes, it's the usual quality from Mr B, Ms McVie is hanging on to his coat tails :)

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Do you get many by post @Risso ?

I'm always worried the postie will fold it or leave it out in the rain or summit. Which has meant I've missed out on a couple of things.

A few.  This was especially well wrapped, and we have a great postie who always sticks parcels in the garage if we're not in.  There's no proper record shop over here so it's the only way to buy for me really.  If I get a few minutes when I'm working in Manchester I'll try to nab a couple of things from Piccadilly Records.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Do you get many by post @Risso ?

I'm always worried the postie will fold it or leave it out in the rain or summit. Which has meant I've missed out on a couple of things.

Yet another advantage of CDs over vinyl. 

I do have CD's honest! My early 1990's CD player is technically far superior to my late 1960's turntable.

I just wouldn't get that irrational happy buzz from receiving a CD in the post, compared with that pretty thing Risso got.

• Like 2

Â