What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Run The Jewels 3 by Run The Jewels

I love everything that Killer Mike and EL-P do in their Run The Jewels project. Flawlessly produced rap music. 

run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels-3-artwork.

Rap's mostly not my cup of tea, but that's a good album. There's a free  download of one of the songs on the record label's site. Can't recall exactly the name, something like "free swim" I think they're called. Plenty other good stuff on there, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

Rap's mostly not my cup of tea, but that's a good album. There's a free  download of one of the songs on the record label's site. Can't recall exactly the name, something like "free swim" I think they're called. Plenty other good stuff on there, too.

Yeah I find rap really quite hit and miss. There are albums out there that rap aficionados say are the best of all time and I don't quite get it, but then other artists or albums just click and are absolutely amazing that is one of them.

Oh that's cool I shall seek that song out. I just had to check if it was on their previous albums in case I had it, but I don't so I will download that track. Thank you. 

Edited by Daweii
Minor text change

On 01/01/2017 at 22:33, blandy said:

There's a free  download of one of the songs on the record label's site. Can't recall exactly the name, something like "free swim" I think they're called. Plenty other good stuff on there, too.

Adult Swim,  not Free Swim, sorry. Downloads

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm really liking this album at the minute...

a2165492760_10.jpg

I hear a lot of Pixies in this album, amongst other influences. Recommend. 

Previous album (Teens of Style) is good too. I was recommended giving them (him) a listen on the back of the fact I liked Pavement. Missed out on tickets for their Leeds gig. Hopefully they'll play some UK gigs later in the year.

• Like 1

Edit: Should be in the singles but best of album is called Hocus Pocus as well 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

You might have kitty gifs @Xela, but I was out drinking with these guys in the Summer ^^^^^^ :P

One of them had the best shoes. They were like old Hush Puppies with an all over Summer landscape print. Never seen the like.

• Like 3

On 04/01/2017 at 15:10, dAVe80 said:

Previous album (Teens of Style) is good too. I was recommended giving them (him) a listen on the back of the fact I liked Pavement. Missed out on tickets for their Leeds gig. Hopefully they'll play some UK gigs later in the year.

I'll give that go, nice one :thumb:

On 04/01/2017 at 14:49, PieFacE said:

a2165492760_10.jpg

Have checked this out on your recommendation and like it! 

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

Ghost - Meliora Deluxe Edition.

One of the best albums I've ever listened to. Stunning. 'He is' has to be one of the greatest songs recorded. Plus the cover of Imperiet's 'Bible' is just **** sublime.

Top band.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:49, PieFacE said:

a2165492760_10.jpg

@PieFacE top recommendation! Loving this album (kinda reminds me of early Stokes in places and get the Pavement and Pixies references too)

If you like this, maybe check out Milk Music (self-named album), Parquet Courts and Ty Segal.

• Like 1

Â