What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Black Sabbath, Vol 4

Mountain, Climbing

i expect at least one like. If not then non of you have no taste ;)

you've only got 7 albums, haven't you? ;)

• Like 3

I bit ago I downloaded (legally) a bunch of songs from NPR and one of them came up on my iPod the other day and it stopped me in my tracks. So I bought the album it's from on spec. Very good indeed. Julia Jacklin - Don't let the kids win.IMG_2982.jpg

New Metallica album is a 20 years long wait for a return to form. I was about 11 the last time they put out some decent tracks. Really is a quality album. Erases the memory of the faecal matter monstrosity that was St. Anger and a welcome relief after the average Death Magnetic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

New Metallica album is a 20 years long wait for a return to form. I was about 11 the last time they put out some decent tracks. Really is a quality album. Erases the memory of the faecal matter monstrosity that was St. Anger and a welcome relief after the average Death Magnetic.

Agreed. I have had the album playing much of the weekend it is really great stuff. 

What I love about it is that the band sound comfortable in their own skin again. The album isn't trying to be anything from their past which is where 'Death Magnetic' fell short. The album is almost a love-letter to their past acknowledging it while not trying to replicate former glories.

'Hardwired...To Self-Destruct' is an album that has tracks on it that encompass their past so well. 'Hardwired' is absolutely 'Kill Em' All' era Metallica, but then two tracks later you have 'Now That We're Dead' which is 'Load/Reload' era with Black Sabbath style chunky riffs. The whole album has moments where it feels like you're listening to any Metallica album from 1983 to 1997 yet it never sounds forced. 

I love 'Hardwired...To Self-Destruct' it is like you said their greatest work in 20 years. I just hope we don't have to wait another 8 years for the follow up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Thjat's a pretty piss poor looking Taj mahal, I thought it was covered in gold or some such bollix...

The one in India is white. This one is black. 

• Like 1

BBSutqH.jpg

Various Artists - 'Television's Greatest Hits Volume 6 - Remote Control'

It's surprisingly difficult to get theme tunes collections with the actual version you heard on telly, dodgy covers aplenty.

This isn't a bad one, a fair few are the real deal. That is Lee Majors' vocal on the 'Fall Guy', that isn't the aired 'Cagney & Lacey'. It's the real 'Falcon Crest', but not the original 'V'.

Hardwired is still getting daily blasts. A few duds but I just bloody love it, even come round to Moth into the Flame. Now that we're dead is the stand out by far, one of their best tracks ever tbh, Atlas Rise closely behind it. 

Think Spit out the Bone is completely average though but everyone else seems to love it.

Hardwired - 8
Atlas, Rise! - 9
Now That We're Dead - 10
Moth Into Flame - 8
Dream No More - 8
Halo on Fire - 7
Confusion - 8
ManUNkind - 6
Here Comes Revenge - 8
Am I Savage - 6
Murder One - 7
Spit out the Bone - 5