What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Tbf to you both(Mike and Chris) with me not being around then I never knew what it was really about and how tired rock or prog rock had got in general. Maybe if I was a rocking teen back then I would of felt the same and appreciated punk. 

Now is the best time since the early 70s for the stuff I like - folk, country, blues, prog, singer/songwriters, etc. Lots of good younger acts have taken up the torch, as the old ones die out. 

Talking heads 77. The Specials. London Calling.

There was a lot of good music in the late 70's but I still think those 3 albums still stand the test of time from bands that came out of that era. I agree it's fair to say a lot of it doesn't weather all that well. I too was a bit young to experience the punk culture although as kids me and my bro used to love all the big colourful hair ripped jeans and chains when our mum dragged us down the market. I always think of punk as a genre with more great singles than albums though.

On 08/02/2017 at 18:35, VILLAMARV said:

Talking heads 77. The Specials. London Calling.

There was a lot of good music in the late 70's but I still think those 3 albums still stand the test of time from bands that came out of that era. I agree it's fair to say a lot of it doesn't weather all that well. I too was a bit young to experience the punk culture although as kids me and my bro used to love all the big colourful hair ripped jeans and chains when our mum dragged us down the market. I always think of punk as a genre with more great singles than albums though.

They do. You could add Marquee Moon, Exodus, NMTB, Trans-Europe Express, and Heroes to them as well, and not go far wrong.

I'm listening to Here by Teenage Fanclub right now, though.

• Like 1

Â