• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I'm just going to throw this out there...

* The club announcement will be to state the search for a new manager is ongoing

* David Moyes / Flores / Ranieri will be interviewed over the weekend

* New manager will be announced Wednesday next week

Apparently Flores really really wants the job. If that actually is the case then it surely would be a no brainer :?

Im still hoping and praying

Does he want it though??

You cant say that tabloids are full of shit in one breath and then choose to believe something just because you want it to be true in the next.

There werent any quotes in that article, so its a very good chance its bullshit

He will stifle our youth development, whats the point of having players like Delph, Albrighton if most of the time the ball will bypass them

What???

You honestly believe that??

Believe that McLeish will just ship some of the brightest young talent in the country OUT so that he can replace them with the likes of Craig Gardner??

Dont kid yourself. He may be a shit manager but he aint **** stupid

That isn't what he said in that quote, he said their development would be stifled by playing in a poor football side.

Apparently the board held to their "must have PL experience" as the line in the sand priority. Unfortunately they didn't have the caveat that the experience had to be a good experience. Just experience. If appointed it's very very disappointing. The enthusiam that I felt when thinking of Gerard's transfer targets, the enthusiam I felt for the style of play the players had FINALLY started to get through their thick heads... all gone. Now my feelings have gone from enthusiam to wait and see and pure unadulterated blind hope that it all works out. No confidence that it will but hope can take a person a long way...sigh

This.

However he did get them to a CC Final (just as MON did) and they did beat Arsenal at Wembley under AM. I really do think that that counts for something.

We really should have known he might be a target of ours, being that we did say we wanted a manager with PL experience. That only left us what, like 5-7 managers without employers (at the time)? McClaren, Rafa, Ranieri, Hughes, (Jol), Ancelotti, Southgate, Curbishley..

Maradonna, its just my opinion is all, maybe my choice of words werent the best, i didnt mean to come across as saying 'all fans at the protest were there because he is a blues man', but i think a large majority were, hence the chants we heard on live television. I think alot of (not all) fans at the protest yesterday were hiding behind the 'ability' reason when inside they dont want him because he managed the blues.

Im not saying people didnt want Martinez or Mclaren, the results from the poll are clear, but when the question of ability comes into it, why would they be any better than McLeish,? i understand they havent relegated anyone but what have they done recently to say they would have been any better than mcleish will?

Because those two would have been eventually backed by the fans. McLeish whether you like it or not will never have support come August no matter who we sign or whatever he says or does? I mentioned this before but last year we had players who underperformed for the manager as they knew the fans would turn on him, the players know this is even worse on McLeish. I just can't see him being a success, obviously i do want him to do as Villa comes first but he has far too much baggage for Villa to see past. Its destined to fail hence why McClaren and Martinez would have been given time to settle in, the first long ball we play he's going to get slated for it, unless we win convincingly on the first game of the season with a Barcelona style, he is going to get slated as someone mentioned he will be praying he gets an easy start.

He will stifle our youth development, whats the point of having players like Delph, Albrighton if most of the time the ball will bypass them

What???

Believe that McLeish will just ship some of the brightest young talent in the country OUT so that he can replace them with the likes of Craig Gardner??

That's not what he's saying. He's saying the long ball football won't go through the midfield making the midfield less important, therefore stifling their development.

I personally agree with him though, which young players has he ever brought through the ranks? Nobody at blues... I wouldnt know about Rangers to be honest

I mean't in terms of football, Delph will not be able to influence games if the ball bypasses him will it, at the end of the day I'll get behind him, but if we keep Heskey or sign a target man, it will signal what kind of football we are expecting.

What???

That isn't what he said in that quote, he said their development would be stifled by playing in a poor football side.

Sorry Maradona. My bad :oops:

I still disagree with it though. Whos to say he cant get the best out of our kids??

People are just assuming as usual

Obviously none of us wanted McLeish here but despite everything if you want him to just fail miserably that is a poor attitude to have. Villa comes first. You don’t have to like the guy but I will be happy if he proves me and the rest of us wrong. If brings us a trophy it will be forgotten.

For me forget those mugs down the road. They are in crisis. They are so obsessed with trying to get money out of us that they are forgetting their own problems. The board are signing players with no manager. Gomis for example the new manager won’t know about him so why the hell are they going ahead with this?

In addition those idiots are not even questioning why McLeish left. Clearly there are major problems there with the board interfering.