• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We obviously have to lower our expectations but I still can't understand why we couldn't go for an up and coming name like Poyet or Greyson rather than plumping for someone we know will be mediocre and divisive.

You saw the reactions when Martinez and McClaren were bin the frame.

Gus Poyet or Grayson would probably blow the VT servers up, not to mention the lynch mob that would have gone down VP.

Basically, if it werent Ancelotti or Moyes...people were always going to moan

Poyet would have been a great appointment.

No sense at all in appointing McLeish.

All-time low for me

I don't think there will be a PC for McLeish, I think they'll let the news die down, he'll obviously give his quotes on AVTV, but i think when the board realise we need to publicise the kits, he may have one then.

....and when do you reckon we might see a kit and shirt sponsor .....

We are a joke of a club now.

Doug Ellis.. i can understand.. he loved the club and loved being the owner of the club he loved.. and he didnt have the finance to support the club.

Randy.. what is the point? You dont love the club. Its a business.. yet you have accepted to become mid table mediocrity... you wont make money? just sell up and go.. i cant see the point of him staying? for him ?

When did Randy say he didnt love the club?

Actions speak louder than words.

We wont sign any Birmingham players.. not with the way this McLeish thing has gone down. Wont even sign Keith Fahey..

Holte end pub

Training ground

Stand extension

Darren Bent

Yes you are right actions speak louder than words. But just because Mcleish doesnt fit with many peoples ideal (including mine) does not mean that Randy doesnt love the club or want what is best for it. It might be hard for people to comprehend (including me) but Randy may just see Mcleish as the best candidate available for the job and if it does turn out that Mcleish is appointed I will give him a fair crack.

Hes spent the money.. im not denying that.. He was doing all he can to get us in the top 4.. for his own business.

I think hes now realised he cant compete with the big 4.. and has settled for midtable and will not spend that way again.

Bent was a desperate signing to secure his investment

So when's this announcement coming then? The BBC said there would be an announcement regarding the vacant manager's position today.

was that on BBC on TV?

I've looked at the website and can't find anything about it.

my guess is it'll be tomorrow at 2pm.

Hes spent the money.. im not denying that.. He was doing all he can to get us in the top 4.. for his own business.

I think hes now realised he cant compete with the big 4.. and has settled for midtable and will not spend that way again.

Bent was a desperate signing to secure his investment

The top four is more than likely out of reach whoever was appointed does that make Randy not love the club? Nope. And whilst I do think that top four place is highly unlikely I think there will be large investment in the playing staff this summer.

I disagree that Bent was a desperate signing, I believe it was a signing that was needed and has been needed for some time. We all know MON turned down the chance of signing Darren Bent and Houlllier didnt turn the opportunity down.

Why is it when anything good happens at our club like signing Darren Bent a striker we having been needing for years its somehow turned into a negative or that there was an alternative reason to signing to spending such amounts of money, just be happy it was spent and we got him.

Mantis it will just be a statement followed by videos on AVTV, with Jack Woodward. They will want this to boil over and just let time do the healing and let him rebuild the squad. I will be very interested in his back room staff. Faulkner is getting married this weekend so no way will their be a conference with them parading McLeish.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why Martin Jol was ignored and let go to Fulham? He has Prem experience - with a much bigger club than B'ham City - and has achieved two successive 5th place finishes in the Prem.

I find it totally baffling.

Why is it when anything good happens at our club like signing Darren Bent a striker we having been needing for years its somehow turned into a negative or that there was an alternative reason to signing to spending such amounts of money, just be happy it was spent and we got him.

Because it fits. I'm not happy if AM is appointed, but the amount of vitriol aimed at the club is horrifying, but it's something people feel entitled to do so they use anything they can to call the board and a manager candidate all sorts of bad things. It's just the way it is I'm afraid.

We obviously have to lower our expectations but I still can't understand why we couldn't go for an up and coming name like Poyet or Greyson rather than plumping for someone we know will be mediocre and divisive.

You saw the reactions when Martinez and McClaren were bin the frame.

Gus Poyet or Grayson would probably blow the VT servers up, not to mention the lynch mob that would have gone down VP.

Basically, if it werent Ancelotti or Moyes...people were always going to moan

Don't buy it. People would be way more happier with any of them over mcleish, I know I would.

The thing is though...hads we hired either of those two, we wouldnt even be here talking about McLeish now.

Thats my point...had people not been kicking up a fuss over Martinez and McLaren, this whole McLeish thing would be irrelevant!!

Fans should think before they start protesting and clogging up message boards with mindless bitching.

In regards to a press conference for employing McLeish, the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't....

If they do hold a press conference, it could get very messy and some difficult questions could be asked especially about our reaction as fans and the ambitions of the club.

If they don't, then it's almost a sign they know they've made a mistake and burying their heads in the sand waiting for everything to calm down.

I don't know, which i'd prefer - I do dread the moment I see a picture of Mcleish inanely grinning at the camera on the Trinity Road stand with a Villa scarf in his hands though....

I don't think there will be a PC for McLeish, I think they'll let the news die down, he'll obviously give his quotes on AVTV, but i think when the board realise we need to publicise the kits, he may have one then.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a press conference. Appointiing a new Villa manager is a massive deal. If Randy doesn't hold a PC it's tantamount to an admission that he's done something horrendously wrong!