• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Welcome McLeish but hope your tenure is not long.

Ergo you hope he isnt succesful, **** awesome attitude and **** brilliant thinking. I dont really want him I dont really like him but I hope he sees out his contract and gets an extesion because ultimately that means he will have been a succes.

The odds of that happening are remote in my opinion. It's all about opinions.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years? jesus christ.

So ridiculous if true.

Would be inkeeping with the stupidness of it all tho

Why is it ridiculous? We need stability now, not chopping and changing in 12 months time again. McLeish is obviously the man that Randy wants, so he should get full backing with his contract.

if he doesnt prove up to it then he will be replaced.

Don't kid yourself, what thus far has happened to give you that indication?

Sorry but this time, when he goes down, we are going down with him. Remember we were flirting with relegation under Houllier and there was no sign of him being replaced, it will be the same this time round except we will go all the way.

It amazes me, we've pratically been kept upto speed all the way with this particular "interview" and "appointment" and the whole process has been done so quickly....or apparently so.

It's obvious this has been in the pipeline for sometime, we've had the so called radio silence all this time and now this one has been reported all the way...that's of course if the reports turn out to be on the money. If they are it's nailed on that this has been one big crap plan by a clueless bunch of clowns.

Welcome McLeish but hope your tenure is not long.

Ergo you hope he isnt succesful, **** awesome attitude and **** brilliant thinking. I dont really want him I dont really like him but I hope he sees out his contract and gets an extesion because ultimately that means he will have been a succes.

The odds of that happening are remote in my opinion. It's all about opinions.

That might be, but regardless you hope he fails. That makes no sense.

Right, I'm just going to throw this out there...

* The club announcement will be to state the search for a new manager is ongoing

* David Moyes / Flores / Ranieri will be interviewed over the weekend

* New manager will be announced Wednesday next week

Apparently Flores really really wants the job. If that actually is the case then it surely would be a no brainer :?

Im still hoping and praying

Tbh, I remain very hopeful. The press have been very wrong over the last few weeks and Villa remain to keep their cards close to their chest.

If there is truth in McCleish, then I can guarentee it's been twisted 10 fold by the media. All they've had to go off is our statement on the website which was only in response to BCFC after they made a public issue of it.

Will there be a further twist to this puzzle?

Apparently the board held to their "must have PL experience" as the line in the sand priority. Unfortunately they didn't have the caveat that the experience had to be a good experience. Just experience. If appointed it's very very disappointing. The enthusiam that I felt when thinking of Gerard's transfer targets, the enthusiam I felt for the style of play the players had FINALLY started to get through their thick heads... all gone. Now my feelings have gone from enthusiam to wait and see and pure unadulterated blind hope that it all works out. No confidence that it will but hope can take a person a long way...sigh

I don't approve of the deal purely because of his poor negative football, he has relegated a team twice, and their was many other candidates being the better option, and by some margin.

However I am Villa through & through, its not his fault the board have no ambition, so I wish him luck in his new position. I really do hope he proves me and everyone else wrong.

As for the board, you have shown your true colours! I was a very satified fan until this last week. You have shown that the fans don't matter and I certainly won't be listening to your PR spin again. I understand picking a manager is difficult and you will never get 100% of fans on board. However the majority had spoken and you chose to ignore! Good luck in trying to win us over again.

Good luck McLeish!

Maradonna, its just my opinion is all, maybe my choice of words werent the best, i didnt mean to come across as saying 'all fans at the protest were there because he is a blues man', but i think a large majority were, hence the chants we heard on live television. I think alot of (not all) fans at the protest yesterday were hiding behind the 'ability' reason when inside they dont want him because he managed the blues.

Im not saying people didnt want Martinez or Mclaren, the results from the poll are clear, but when the question of ability comes into it, why would they be any better than McLeish,? i understand they havent relegated anyone but what have they done recently to say they would have been any better than mcleish will?

Say what you like about Al-Qaeda, but they've appointed a new manager before Aston Villa...
It's actually not the speed that's bothering me. I'd rather have Hughes on August 1st than McLeish now.

He will stifle our youth development, whats the point of having players like Delph, Albrighton if most of the time the ball will bypass them

What???

You honestly believe that??

Believe that McLeish will just ship some of the brightest young talent in the country OUT so that he can replace them with the likes of Craig Gardner??

Dont kid yourself. He may be a shit manager but he aint **** stupid