• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Don't think they will have the balls to do a press conference. Image if they do though, will make your skin crawl :shock:

3 year deal, **** great bit of insurance there Randy, all the **** eggs in one basket. Still what can go wrong. It's not like we are hiring someone with a serious medical condition right?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of the term "through thick and think"?

Yes - I've been going to VP since 1968 and I can't remember ever feeling quite this low!!

You forgot about Tommy Cummings, Graham Turner and Venglos?

What a complete crock of shit..

Oh well, that has save me in the region of £2.5k this season..

£80 petrol per match

£40 x 2 per match

Shirts x 2

Various merchandise

Balti pies x 20

will save me a fortune too. Think I might go and watch Sutton Town next year it's only down the road 8)

I really am trying to find positives with this but it's really hard, and I consider myself somewhat of an optimist by the way! This appointment just makes no sense. This isn't like last time where the season had just begun and the previous manager had walked out suddenly.

I dont buy it, wigan only just stayed up and many on here were in uproar that we dared approach him, with schteve people were begging the general, moaning and cursing, threatening to not renew their ST etc..... the protest was because he is coming from the blue's, would people have protested against big sam? His style is perceived as just as negative as mcleish's.

Look at the poll above - some ppl actually did vote for Martinez.

McLeish's name is curiously not onj the poll is it??

As for Big Sam has never relegated a side either , has much more Prem pedigree and would happily have him here now instead of McLeish .

Ingram85, read the majority of views before you making blanket statements, yes the Blues connection is an issue for many fans but for most including myself i cannot see for the life of me how he will improve our football, how we will be better as a team. He will stifle our youth development, whats the point of having players like Delph, Albrighton if most of the time the ball will bypass them. People will say well he never had the constraints to change at Blues, yes he did, his board bought in footballers such as Hleb and Bentley but the man didn't have a clue what to do with them.

Was thinking about this on the way to the dentist and have come up with the following:

"Lerner has done enough to warrant being given the benefit of the doubt on this one occasion".

That is all, and that is what shall keep me happy supporting the Villa for another year. FWIW, had it been Ellis making the appointment, I'd be throwing my ST back at them.

I really am trying to find positives with this but it's really hard, and I consider myself somewhat of an optimist by the way! This appointment just makes no sense. This isn't like last time where the season had just begun and the previous manager had walked out suddenly.

The only hope we have is if he actually learned anything from GH.

Right, I'm just going to throw this out there...

* The club announcement will be to state the search for a new manager is ongoing

* David Moyes / Flores / Ranieri will be interviewed over the weekend

* New manager will be announced Wednesday next week

A Sad day - not just for the appointment of Mcleish but because:-

1.The board couldn't be bothered or didn't have the where with all to get anyone better.

2. Our Chairman wants to be thousands of miles away when the announcement is made

I don't wont to be dramatic but if these cronies, get get a shirt produced, can't get a shirt sponsor , appoint an easy option manager........well just how low could we go ? - it doesn't bear thinking about.

* The club announcement will be to state the search for a new manager is ongoing

if only.. and if moyes decides to stay we'd take a gamble with Flores.

Annoyingly I've been away working ALL day up to now... had to ring someone to find out latest!

So I take it then that McClaren has publicly stated at PC that he was asked not to attend an interview because of

the fans reaction?

Hmm & now McCleish is to be appointed after ALL the protests...regardless??!!

Just can't be.....The whole thing simply does not add up... totally illogical!!!

Apparently Flores really really wants the job. If that actually is the case then it surely would be a no brainer :?

Im still hoping and praying

Welcome McLeish but hope your tenure is not long.

Ergo you hope he isnt succesful, **** awesome attitude and **** brilliant thinking. I dont really want him I dont really like him but I hope he sees out his contract and gets an extension because ultimately that means he will have been a success.

Well it looks like its done then ffs

moving forward McLeish; I don’t hate the guy like I did with fistface, im just unhappy with this appointment. His CV is well meh, hasn’t achieved nothing to pay 5m compensation. He plays shit football. I think we all agree had we known we would have kept houllier

but

I am willing to give him 5 games to prove me wrong. We can all bitch and moan about him being a bad appointment but if we are stuck with him lets just give the geezer a chance. He never slated our club while there. He made afew respectful comments about us from what I remember. So he isn’t a diehard bloser like Francis or fry. I have stressed that I admire his guts. I don’t believe he has come for just the money. I think he wants to prove himself and boy if he does well he will have.

I wont be giving them any money until I see what they intend to do. If McLeish brings some quality in then ill consider. He plays poor football but it could be down to the players he had down there at the sty.

To be fair with McLeish alot of the people he targeted but wasn’t backed were of a good quality. n'zogia, pav, bale, Bentley etc.

he also knows how to spot good defenders something we need. I will give him 5-6 games to prove me wrong. We paid 11m for Dunne and Collins while they paid about 9m for dann and Johnson. Who got the better deal? Certainly wasn’t us. I think we should give him a chance now he is here and not the unwashed boast about what’s happened. If it’s a success here it’s a masterstroke by Randy.

He knows by taking the job the level of football we want do if he starts this negative crap he will be gone by Christmas.

But no denying the whole process has been a complete shambles. Bow your head in shame Randy for this whole thing it’s been a complete farce