• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil

'I dont think there are any negotiations, they are just dipping each others cocks in glasses of champagne and sucking each other off down in London.'

My cup of tea is currently dripping down the wall thanks to that...hilarious!

Why on earth are they setting themselves up for more disasters and upheaval once McLeish has a few bad results and the fans inevitably get on his back.

What happens then ??? The board take another age to find another manager. McLeish could prove everyone wrong but I dont see it happening.

Furthermore they didn't want to listen to us and after all that's been said its very disappointing.

Alex Mcleish Claret and Blue army.................................argh!

I think I will either cry or laugh the 1st time I hear this, that said for this to happen he would have to be doing something right so maybe the latter.

Whatever happens now it's going to take a long time for thing to settle and the trust in the board to resume, if it can ever be fixed.

For me that is the saddest thing in this as I despised Ellis for all the missed opportunities during his time as chairman but I really "brought"into the rich American who seemed to want to turn the clock back and restore Villa back to the glory days both on and off the pitch.

Now all I can see is a horrible atmosphere in an half empty stadium because of the stupidest appointment in our history, even though Randy might feel he knows best and for all we know it might succeed (I doubt it) but from all the forums and facebook etc that I have read it would appear this could be the end of our relationship which would be a disaster IMO

There won't be anyone singing that mate. I wonder how they'll play his introduction as i'm pretty sure Villa fans will turn up when he's paraded. Its funny remember MON arriving, fans come out in support and we get McLeish and they'll be protests.

Something is definitely wrong at the club and I don't quite know what it is.

I'm starting to suspect that Mr Lerner is planning an exit. If Downing follows Young out and the nose is appointed as manager it will only reinforce that suspicion.

Guess he'll need the extra cash to get his AVFC tatoo removed.

I posted an article about the ramifications of the NFL lockout for Aston Villa in this thread yesterday. Financially disastrous for the Browns ergo us.

Furthermore they didn't want to listen to us and after all that's been said its very disappointing.

This is one of the majorly angering points, perhaps why I'm even more annoyed today.

The club dont appear to acknowledge anything that the strong majority of their fanbase is saying.

No reaction to all the people that demonstrated and the only clips we get to hear is "its only a few people" or "fans should butt out" or whatever nonsense has been spouted.

Total disregard for the fans, a 1,000+ people turning up on such short notice alone is some indiciation that fans arnt happy but they dont give a shit.

It's like your no longer a voice in your own club.

This is one of the majorly angering points, perhaps why I'm even more annoyed today.

The club dont appear to acknowledge anything that a LOUD proportion of their fanbase is saying.

No reaction to all the people that demonstrated and the only clips we get to hear is "its only a few people" or "fans should butt out" or whatever nonsense has been spouted.

Total disregard for the fans, a 600 (being the widely reported figure) people turning up on such short notice alone is some indiciation that fans arnt happy but they dont give a shit.

It's like your no longer a voice in your own club (Its Randy's club).

Something is definitely wrong at the club and I don't quite know what it is.

I'm starting to suspect that Mr Lerner is planning an exit. If Downing follows Young out and the nose is appointed as manager it will only reinforce that suspicion.

Guess he'll need the extra cash to get his AVFC tatoo removed.

I posted an article about the ramifications of the NFL lockout for Aston Villa in this thread yesterday. Financially disastrous for the Browns ergo us.

Ah right, missed that Billy but too afraid of reading back without a large supply of happy pills..

I dont run a business or anything.. but surely if you own a restaurant.. and you have all your best customers lined up out the front telling you the chef your hiring has poisoned them in the past at rival restaurant you hate, getting rubbish food and illness due to this chef. Surely you would consider your loyal customers and reconsider? Business 101.. unhappy customers = bad business. You can fall in love with the chef because of the ginger spices.. but if your customers dont like ginger in their food then you hire a chef that can make better food to keep your customers.

I just dont understand Randy. Let us down massively.

I have always said that it is the club i support and whoever the manager is I will support them too but this is a bridge too far for me.

I mean if he is the only candidate left then maybe but now i hear the kinky florist is interested, a respected european coach who is actually desperate for the job and thinks he can restore us to be challenging for europe with only a few tweaks here and there to the squad.

Well **** me get him in appease the fans and get a top coach in the process who will carry on the phillosophy of football from houllier( that randy loved so much) then for me its a no brainer.

Comon Randy dont be a stubburn clearing in the woods and see past the end of your nose and restore my faith!!! PLEASE

The club dont appear to acknowledge anything that a LOUD proportion of their fanbase is saying.

Wrong, no ifs or buts about it the majority of the fans do not want Alex McCleish at our club.

Most of the few people that are starting to accept him now are realising there's nothing they can do about it, i.e. at stage 5.

Before the idea as even conceivable that he may become our manager, you do a poll of every Villa fan and I can bet my bottom dollar some 90% would say "no, we dont want him".

That number may be lower now as people accept it, but I refuse to accept it and I still bet my bottom dollar the majority of fans dont want him in.

Total disregard for the fans, a 600 (being the widely reported figure) people turning up on such short notice alone is some indiciation that fans arnt happy but they dont give a shit.

Eames - While I respect your view, are you discounting the polls which overwhelmingly (95%) state that the fans don't want McLeish. I wouldn't underestimate the great indigenous Aston Villa supporter.

Wrong, no ifs or buts about it the majority of the fans do not want Alex McCleish at our club.

[\quote]

Prove it.

Show me the figures.. and 600 morons shouting "**** off Small Heath!" doesn't count.

Eames - While I respect your view, are you discounting the polls which overwhelmingly (95%) state that the fans don't want McLeish. I wouldn't underestimate the great indigenous Aston Villa supporter.

I understand the fact that people don't want McLeish because they feel there are better options available. I just vehemently disagree with the arguements made for not giving McLeish a chance SHOULD he get the job, and that x, y, or z could do SO much better.

I just don't understand the vitriol here. Give the bloke a chance to make a pigs ear of it at least.

IF McLeish gets the job, and IF he strings a few wins together does that mean there will be "95%" of Villa fans hanging their heads in shame and the appalling behaviour towards this club and its owners.

I very much doubt it.

[\quote]

Prove it.

Show me the figures.. and 600 morons shouting "**** off Small Heath!" doesn't count.

You can't argue this, it's pretty clear a large majority don't want McLeish here, just look at this thread!

[\quote]

Prove it.

I dont need to go about doing a survey to provide you stats, you just need to open your eyes and look about as its plainly obvious.