• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

i'm not a gambler when it comes to sport, but i did put £20 on Ray wilkins @ 40/1, maybe that's the poker player in me saying i bet bet Randy is. The contract would be full control this season unless he fails to get us into Europe in wich case he would have to assist Carlo next year. That's my opion, we can't do any worse than mid table who ever manages the club, this year we've had 4 managers counting MON and still finnished 9th, Ray has lots of premier league experience (at a top 4 club) and is a players manager more so than McAlister. I WOULD GO ALL IN and call Ray Wilkins (better than Hughes in my opinion).

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have it from a reliable source that McLeish resigned because the chairman ate his dog

I have it on even better authority that he resigned over the Marlon King transfer. Carson Yeung misunderstood his request for " a new attacker "

Bluenose on talkSPORT

'After the Cup win, we won 2 games out of 13 with 9 defeats. What's that about? That's relegation form in my book.'

Matt Holland

'Well it is.'

:lol:

I have a feeling it is going to be Hughes.

I don't buy into the rumours Randy was put off because he quit Fulham, and where did that come from anyway? Someone from twitter no doubt, and everyone has run with it because of RL's well publicised way of doing business. My understanding is he (Hughes) only had a 1 year contract that runs out at the end of the month and chose not to renew it.

My bet is Hughes is a done deal and is drawing up a list of transfers as we speak, ready for a splurge on 2nd July.

I don't buy into the rumours Randy was put off because he quit Fulham, and where did that come from anyway? Someone from twitter no doubt, and everyone has run with it because of RL's well publicised way of doing business. My understanding is he (Hughes) only had a 1 year contract that runs out at the end of the month and chose not to renew it.

My bet is Hughes is a done deal and is drawing up a list of transfers as we speak, ready for a splurge on 2nd July.

If this week goes without any action (or Moyes being taken out of the running) I think it'll be a long wait until we do employ Hughes.

However, there is this constant chat about Hughes/Hiddink being the Chelsea team, which is possible in my eyes.

Tbh, I honestly think we have Moyes and are waiting until July 1st when Hughes becomes free so that Everton can also announce the appointment to prevent an uproar from fans.

MysteryMan has hinted at it and Villa_Insider who got the Houllier appointment right also strongly believes it.

I hope I'm not wrong!

Agreed & i would be happy with that ^

That would be my guess as to who you will end up with. Would be a decent appointment as well imo. Cant stand the bloke but is a good manager.

Actually, out of all the up and coming 'new' breed of managers, I think Gus Poyet is the one 'most likely to succeed'.

Whether or not I'd like him to try and prove that at our expense, I'm not so sure. But, hey, you never know. It just seems that we're beginning to run out of options now and the board could be pressured into making the wrong choice.

Actually, out of all the up and coming 'new' breed of managers, I think Gus Poyet is the one 'most likely to succeed'.

Whether or not I'd like him to try and prove that at our expense, I'm not so sure. But, hey, you never know. It just seems that we're beginning to run out of options now and the board could be pressured into making the wrong choice.

I think he's got a good chance, but I'd rather him have some time in the Premier League before considering him. Yes I'm using the good old "Premier League experience" trick.

If this week goes without any action (or Moyes being taken out of the running) I think it'll be a long wait until we do employ Hughes.

However, there is this constant chat about Hughes/Hiddink being the Chelsea team, which is possible in my eyes.

That has been my other hunch but I can't see it tbh, although there are other conspiracy theories out there that Hughes was tapped up by Chelsea after Christmas and Jol was sounded out about the Fulham job around the same time. This would tie in to what a dutch journalist was saying the day before Jol was appointed as he was adamant it was common knowledge for months Jol would take the Fulham job and told the listeners od talk shite to put their house on Jol being Fulham's next boss.

The General has said on villatalk "the new manager would be announced in the next week or two" that was 2 days ago, add 14 days to 11and you get the 25th June at the latest. If we can't announce Hughes until the 1st July then it cant be him.

My view at the start of all this is that it will be Mark Hughes. He may not be our first choice or on any 'short list' at the moment but I think it will end up being him.

The noise around Moyes is interesting. Given he must be aware of the speculation right now why does he not publicly rule himself out? He ruled himself out when GH was still in the role but as far as I am aware he has not since. That's not to say he wants the job or has been approached. If he has what's the delay? Hence why I think we will end up with Hughes who is a decent shout for me at least although I would prefer a good young manager with bags of potential.