• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

What the **** is this on SSN. Never heard so rubbish, they get more clueless by the day. Oh and you aren't leading the way with the Martinez story sky, it took you 12 hours to even realise about it after all the paper stories.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Martinez is ready to manage a big club yet. If he'd steered Wigan to a couple of top 10 finishes, with maybe a good cup run - he'd be worth considering.

To put in perspective, he's not achieved as much as Curbishley did at Charlton - and I think we all feel the same way about Curbishley as Villa manager.

What did Moyes achieve before going to Everton??

What did Villas Boas achieve before managing Porto??

What did Mourinho achieve before managing Porto??

What did Wenger achieve before going to Arsenal??

See where im going with this??

Nope, can you indulge me?! :D

I doubt very much he has actually been offered the position yet so I am unsure how he can turn something down that has yet to be offered.

All that appears to have happened is that we have interviewed him. I assume we have interviewed other candidates as is natural in this situation.

The only reason this is news is because Wigan have let it be known that we interviewed him. Not sure there is anything to see here tbh.

This

I agree aswell.

All we are doing here, is passing time until July 1st, when we are then able to appoint our first choice.....

Hughes :winkold:

I don't think Martinez is ready to manage a big club yet. If he'd steered Wigan to a couple of top 10 finishes, with maybe a good cup run - he'd be worth considering.

To put in perspective, he's not achieved as much as Curbishley did at Charlton - and I think we all feel the same way about Curbishley as Villa manager.

What did Moyes achieve before going to Everton??

What did Villas Boas achieve before managing Porto??

What did Mourinho achieve before managing Porto??

What did Wenger achieve before going to Arsenal??

See where im going with this??

Great, so he's going to be as good as these guys. You've allayed any concerns I might have had.

:D

'Villa have made it clear they won't be spending much money over the summer' What???!! When have we said that?? We've got to re-build this summer, how are gonna do that without spending? I've lost so much respect lately for SSN, talking bollocks!

SSN as bodymoor heath. It's all villa atm

The TV is on at work but the sound is off. Are they on about a new manager or Ashley Young leaving??

Both.

First of all he was just yapping about Ashley Young.. 'sky sports UNDERSTANDS' etc etc.. Then he said that he'd spoken to people around the ground and the area and that the general opinion is that Ash is gone - we knew that.

Then he's just been talking about Martinez. Saying nothing is concrete yet, talking about our statement, saying that we'd like to get a new manager in ASAP.

It sounds like he has nothing tbh! Dave Whelan is talking after the break so I'll post anything interesting (though, he's doing so many interviews today, i'll probably be on skysports soon enough!)

Looking at Whelan's interview it appears that Villa wrote to him requesting permission to speak to RM. He was on holiday at the time and now he's back. That would indicate that he isn't our "latest" target but is someone who interests us amongst others. I would welcome his appointment if he does impress RL, but it may not be as certain as we are assuming.

'Villa have made it clear they won't be spending much money over the summer' What???!! When have we said that?? We've got to re-build this summer, how are gonna do that without spending? I've lost so much respect lately for SSN, talking bollocks!

I have got a feeling that may be true.

I think we will spend whatever we get in for selling players

Think back to Houllier's and Gmac's comments about targetting exciting players. Player of the calibre to try and keep Young.

We will spent £35m-40m I would guess.

based on what? iirc the exact same things were being said in jan

So £20m for Young, £20m for Downing, plus Warnock, Dunne and potentially others too.

£50m to spend to rebuild the squad wouldn't be too bad.

However, I would find it ridiculous to think that RL would spend £24m in Jan on Bent to save our season then spend **** all in the summer (for the 2nd season in a row) when we have a new manager and a lot of rebuilding to do.

**** you talk sport!!! "Downing and Young off so up to 4 playerts out" Talkshite more like, Young yes but thats an easy one

Even though most of it is bollox, its only bollox to us.

To most people outside the club, looking in, it paints the club in a bad light, and Randy in an even worse one.

This is why its of the upmost importance we appoint a manager that has been succesful at the top. We need to show ambition, to make ourselves more attractive to perspective transfer targets, sponsors, and season ticket sales....

At the moment, we seem to be struggling to do that, for whatever reason....