• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Whelan been on Sky yet?

Nope, wasnt he due on at noon ???

Nop... not yet.

The guy outside BH also said that Villa had announced they're not going to be spending much in the Summer...

Really? I think I must have missed that one!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if martinez rejects us, i'll be very worried about our boards ambitions. This time last week it was #carlo2villa.

I actually think if he rejects us it wont be the fact that were not big enough its the fact he's on a good thing at Wigan currently has a chairman he works well with used to play for the club and is emotionally attached thats my ten cents on the matter fair play to the bloke tbh not much loyalty in football anymore i think thats why Coyle wont join us either if we go for him next.

If it really is true. That we only needed to provide 60m to get Benitez and didnt because of that reason then I'm really disappointed with Randy. 20m of it will come from Young.

Where would the other £40m have come from though?

Downing £25m

Cuellar £8m

Warnock, Dunne ?

If it really is true. That we only needed to provide 60m to get Benitez and didnt because of that reason then I'm really disappointed with Randy. 20m of it will come from Young.

Plus other sales......

In hindsight, i think its bollox.

It probably has more to do with Benny wanting control of contracts, the very thing that caused MoN to up tools.

Your probabaly right there, I wonder how many managers would be happy with not having control over players contracts though???

It’s amazing the rate at which each rumour gathers pace.

I am not convinced by Martinez transfer record but I do like his style of football and the fact that he is willing to give young players a chance.

I think these rumours will go full circle when it is confirmed that Mark Hughes is being interviewed!!

As I said before I would love to be part of the interview panel.

Wouldn’t you think RL would stream all the interviews live and allow the fans to vote for the appointment! :P

Why would Villa announce that they aren't spending much money this summer? That would be the biggest PR **** up in years and would really hit season ticket sales.

SSN are spouting out so much bullshit at the moment it's unreal.

'smoke and mirrors' 'meltdown of bent proportions'. just two of the many overuesd expressions on here lately. how about, 'the board **** up, again'

From where I'm sitting we haven't even appointed a manager yet...

Where would the other £40m have come from though?

Downing £25m

Cuellar £8m

Warnock, Dunne ?

£25m Downing, do you think we would get that??

I would imagine about £15-£18 tops

'smoke and mirrors' 'meltdown of bent proportions'. just two of the many overuesd expressions on here lately. how about, 'the board **** up, again'

Cue "WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING YET"

But when there's praise of the board it's....

*I agree*

Double standards.

if martinez rejects us, i'll be very worried about our boards ambitions. This time last week it was #carlo2villa.

I actually think if he rejects us it wont be the fact that were not big enough its the fact he's on a good thing at Wigan currently has a chairman he works well with used to play for the club and is emotionally attached thats my ten cents on the matter fair play to the bloke tbh not much loyalty in football anymore i think thats why Coyle wont join us either if we go for him next.

So why talk in the first place and why have we been knocked back a few times already.

:o

Whelan been on Sky yet?

Nope, wasnt he due on at noon ???

Nop... not yet.

The guy outside BH also said that Villa had announced they're not going to be spending much in the Summer...

Really? I think I must have missed that one!

Well... we only need a new goalkeeper, a right back a left back a new centre half a new centre mid and a striker...

Unless the board are deluded enough to think that our youngsters are good enough to carry us for another season again we have an ageing squad that need replacing and it wont be cheap.

I don't think Martinez is ready to manage a big club yet. If he'd steered Wigan to a couple of top 10 finishes, with maybe a good cup run - he'd be worth considering.

To put in perspective, he's not achieved as much as Curbishley did at Charlton - and I think we all feel the same way about Curbishley as Villa manager.

What did Moyes achieve before going to Everton??

What did Villas Boas achieve before managing Porto??

What did Mourinho achieve before managing Porto??

What did Wenger achieve before going to Arsenal??

See where im going with this??

Great, so he's going to be as good as these guys. You've allayed any concerns I might have had.

Who knows??

But how do you know he wont be as good as these?

Or are you some sort of all-seeing oracle who has a mystic crystal ball?

If so, please, enlighten me?

Why would Villa announce that they aren't spending much money this summer? That would be the biggest PR **** up in years and would really hit season ticket sales.

SSN are spouting out so much bullshit at the moment it's unreal.

Exactly.

The stories are just taken out of the morning papers.

Still Moyes for me. I read that the reason Villa want RM is because of his ability to manage a tight budget. Well Moyes has to do the same and I think this will be the "meltdown" managerial signing because allegedly Moyes doesn't want it and everyone is expecting his next move to be Man Utd or Spurs.

V interesting. Betfair odds on Martinez been around 2.7-2.8 all morning. Last few minutes they have drifted out to 4. Does this suggest Martinez not done deal that some on here think it is.