• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope faulkner can't convince Martinez to manage us

Don't you think the owner is going to have a say in this.

Faulkner bashing is cretinous.

He's the usual blame guy. Always happens, the fans don't have a clue what is going on and if they don't like the situation they pick the easiest target.

At the end of the day none of us know anything.

Anything is a lot more than what Faulkner knows about Football :winkold:

If i want a dentist, do i hire a milkman?

okay I can see why the board may want martinez as manager because they obviously admire moyes and the long legacy he has at everton and they believe that martinez will be able to create a long legacy at villa.

but to be honest i see the best martinez will be able to achieve is no higher than 10th and its not like he is going to have a mountain of cash to spend to build a squad because if that were the case i believe rafa would already have been appointed.

If martinez is the man we hire i will be very underwhelmed i will continue to support villa obviously but will start to lose faith with the board and the direction this club is going. I have always been someone to back the board and every manager we have had but my patience will begin to wear thin.

who broke this martinez story?

seems to me like dave whelan leaked that villa had asked to speak to him and now dave whelan is leaking that martinez said no all the while whelan lines up a big **** trumpet to blow, villa fans get all antsy pantsy when the reality is someones just played the media game whereas we've decided not to do our laundry in public again

Martinez doesn't strike me as an authoratitive / confident bloke and I'm not sure he's had success in the transfer market or on the pitch (whats his win % with Wigan 20% ??)

I can see another 12 months of player insubordination and anarchy if he is the next boss

10,000 happy with you saving them from relegation, or 36,000 baying for you blood, when its apparent you are out of your league :winkold:

That's if he's appointed and does a bad job.

Alternatively, if he did a good job...

10,000 happy you're saving them from relegation or 36,000 shocked at how good a manager you are when in control of a better team

I doubt very much he has actually been offered the position yet so I am unsure how he can turn something down that has yet to be offered.

All that appears to have happened is that we have interviewed him. I assume we have interviewed other candidates as is natural in this situation.

The only reason this is news is because Wigan have let it be known that we interviewed him. Not sure there is anything to see here tbh.

I don't think Martinez is ready to manage a big club yet. If he'd steered Wigan to a couple of top 10 finishes, with maybe a good cup run - he'd be worth considering.

To put in perspective, he's not achieved as much as Curbishley did at Charlton - and I think we all feel the same way about Curbishley as Villa manager.

What did Moyes achieve before going to Everton??

What did Villas Boas achieve before managing Porto??

What did Mourinho achieve before managing Porto??

What did Wenger achieve before going to Arsenal??

See where im going with this??

Great, so he's going to be as good as these guys. You've allayed any concerns I might have had.

We should have got Jol

Why don't you take a little break from posting?

Are you happy with the direction the Club is going in ?

I'm delighted that the club is taking its time during the close season to get the right appointment. Its a shame that you're so emotionally involved in something you know so little about.

here here :thumb:

SSN as bodymoor heath. It's all villa atm

The TV is on at work but the sound is off. Are they on about a new manager or Ashley Young leaving??

I doubt very much he has actually been offered the position yet so I am unsure how he can turn something down that has yet to be offered.

All that appears to have happened is that we have interviewed him. I assume we have interviewed other candidates as is natural in this situation.

The only reason this is news is because Wigan have let it be known that we interviewed him. Not sure there is anything to see here tbh.

This

End of the day, Steve Bruce outperformed Roberto Martinez at Wigan Athletic.

Steve Bruce at Wigan - 14th and 11th

Roberto Martinez at Sunderland - 16th and 16th

Why isn't Steve Bruce on our shortlist?

Martinez gets less stick because he's a likeable guy and because he's Spanish so people naturally associate that with him playing beautiful, Barca-style football. When in reality, he got outperformed at the same club by an unfashionable Englishman by the name of Stevie Bruce.

How many times do people have to explain this to you??!!

Bruce had a vastly superior squad to work with. Are you thick?