• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame the English press have ruined the reputation of another good English manager because the England team are a bag of shite.

Regardless of whether we agree about McClaren being a good manager or not, do you honestly think he stands a chance of getting this job?

I don't, not at all. I think there's more chance of Karen Brady getting it - and that's nothing to do with my opinion on him as a manager.

I'm not English. Can someone explain what's so bad about McClaren if you leave out the failure as England manager?

Didn't do very well at Boro in the league imo.

Yes he won a league cup and did well in Europe one year but they still often finished in bottom half of league under him despite being backed quite a lot back then which think ppl forget . They could at times be **** awful - rmber a fan ripping his season ticket up at him?

He left Boro with quite a lot of junk. His Boro record is mixed at best imo.

Didn't do well at Wolfsburg and was sacked .

Add him doing to awful with England - not qualfying from that group was very poor. No matter how bad England can be.

He might do a decent job back in Prem with someone - just hope its not here tbh - he would have fans on his back from the off and thats really not needed at moment.

Shame the English press have ruined the reputation of another good English manager because the England team are a bag of shite.

Regardless of whether we agree about McClaren being a good manager or not, do you honestly think he stands a chance of getting this job?

I don't, not at all. I think there's more chance of Karen Brady getting it - and that's nothing to do with my opinion on him as a manager.

I honestly do. We need to take the clubs finances into account.

Someone like rafa or ancelotti would need funds we haven't got and top 4 promises we couldn't keep.

I think when people talk about moyes,bilic,Steve,coyle and Martinez they are along the right lines as to who we will get. Out of that lot Steve is the best one in my opinion.

I'm not English. Can someone explain what's so bad about McClaren if you leave out the failure as England manager?

Didn't do very well at Boro in the league imo.

Yes he won a league cup and did well in Europe one year but they still often finished in bottom half of league under him despite being backed quite a lot back then which think ppl forget . They could at times be **** awful - rmber a fan ripping his season ticket up at him?

He left Boro with quite a lot of junk. His Boro record is mixed at best imo.

Didn't do well at Wolfsburg and was sacked .

Add him doing to awful with England - not qualfying from that group was very poor. No matter how bad England can be.

He might do a decent job back in Prem with someone - just hope its not here tbh - he would have fans on his back from the off and thats really not needed at moment.

His reputation in this country is in taters, he's seen as a figure of ridicule and I honestly can't see him returning to top flight management in this country for a long time.

His reputation in this country is in taters, he's seen as a figure of ridicule and I honestly can't see him returning to top flight management in this country for a long time.

Yep, I agree. When your reputation is in potatoes, you are truly ****.

Someone like rafa or ancelotti would need funds we haven't got and top 4 promises we couldn't keep.

I think when people talk about moyes,bilic,Steve,coyle and Martinez they are along the right lines as to who we will get. Out of that lot Steve is the best one in my opinion.

Are you Mclaren in disguise?? I am beginning to wonder TBH!!

It matters not who we get as funds will be made available to them to strengthen the side!

Mclown will not get this job, he just wants his face back in the public eye!

Yep, I agree. When your reputation is in potatoes, you are truly ****.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think when people talk about bilic,Steve,coyle and Martinez they are along the right lines as to who we will get. Out of that lot Steve is the best one in my opinion.

Well firstly I would argue that Randy has reached a crossroads with Villa in the fact that he has always ploughed a lot in - but not enough for Champions League. I think we will either scale right back now or have a big push, the latter I think being the more likely option. You say we haven't got the funds and can't keep top four promises but did anyone expect us to smash our transfer record with the signing of Darren Bent? I think that was a small illustration of what could be to come at Villa, maybe Randy has realised that with greater risk there is greater reward.

After the Houllier debacle, where from the off he was on the back-foot with fans, I am 100% convinced that the next appointment - whether or not it is Ancelotti - will be designed to wow and unite the Villa fan base. Quite simply they won't want a re-run of the last 12 months and Steve McClaren, whether you like him or not, has been transformed into a bit of a joke figure (rightly or wrongly) and Lerner will know this.

Lerner will also know the reaction to "Steve" on places such as this. I think we sometimes underestimate how powerful a forum like this can be - social media and the internet is a big part of modern life nowadays and to think people at the Club would not scan sites like these for a general consensus would be naive. They will know how unpopular McClaren is and in my opinion that makes him about as likely to sign for Villa as Birmingham City are to ever winning another trophy. Nil.

People slate steves time at boro bit that was his first management job. He won them a trophy and got them to a uefa cup final. He's still young in his management career. I understand if people think he's a bit of a tit but he's a bloody good manager.

Supervillan78, if you look at it objectively i'll think you'll find im right.

People slate steves time at boro bit that was his first management job. He won them a trophy and got them to a uefa cup final. He's still young in his management career. I understand if people think he's a bit of a tit but he's a bloody good manager.

He's an awful manager, good coach I'd admit, but he just can't handle the hot seat. Sorry!

No response to my post?