Italian Football

Troglodyte

13 hours ago, NoelVilla said:
13 hours ago, sne said:

Friend of mine is a Deportivo ( and Villa) fan, we watched that game together,

They had some team back then. Pandiani, Duscher, Valeron, Fran, Luque, Naybet...

If only they'd been able to keep Rivaldo for a few seasons more.

That return leg you mention Chris is one of the games I will always remember. Deportivo will never play like that again.

Loved Super Depor in those days, won La Liga and regularly taught English clubs lessons in the CL in the early 00s...

That season they turned over Meelan was their best chance to win the CL but Mourinho turned them over in the semi finals and the team broke up that summer.

Since then they've been like us...money ran out, a couple of relegations and now they're just content with staying up. Shame as them and Celta Vigo (who seem to be on the way back) were major forces around the turn of the Millennium in La Liga and Europe.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, BOF said:

WTAF?

This is Juventus' new club badge.  Yes.  That's it.  And we thought ours was bad.

3C2FAF8200000578-0-image-a-38_1484611273

Worst thing is some cockwomble probably got paid a small fortune to come up with that :lol:

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

got to be something targeting the asian market or some sort of social media tie in? im not seeing it but it must make sense to someone somewhere

Yeah, this is what Nedved said;

"I am happy with the new badge, I think it is innovative, it gives freshness, and shows a lot of desire to move forward in the digital and social world."

It's an insult.  That's not a club badge.  It's more akin to an emblem you'd see on a running shoe.  It's certainly not befitting a club of Juve's stature.  There's 'clean and simple' and then there's that.

• Like 2

Some right old guff spouted about it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/16/juventus-unveil-new-crest-serie-a

Agnelli unveiled the new logo, a stylised black and white letter J in the shape of a shield, at a ceremony in Milan, saying “this new logo is a symbol of the Juventus way of living.

We spent a year trying to find out what the new markets want, but also to show a sense of belonging and looking to the future,” Agnelli added.

The event was attended by a number of first-team regulars, including Leonardo Bonucci and Claudio Marchisio, while legendary Italian electronic musician Giorgio Moroder played at the event.

“I saw the future of music in the 1970s. Now, Juventus have seen the future of football,” Moroder said.

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

And an "ICYMI" context for others is that this is taking the piss out of Juventus and also the recently mocked 'brand new' San Diego Chargers crest.

Â