Italian Football

Troglodyte

Mihajlovic confirmed at AC.  It'll be interesting to see how much slack the ex-Inter man is given there by the fans.

Has there been much yet?  I mean Mihajlovic sat on the bench at Internazionale for a couple of seasons after he had turned 35, he's ex Inter in the same way than Andy Cole is ex Sunderland.  I certainly wouldn't describe him as an "Inter guy" and it's probably only the most one eyed Milan fans who can't get over it.  I see the blogs had a bit of fun with the appointment but is that because there is genuinely a story there or because it's easy to find a picture of Sinisa in an Inter shirt on Google Images and get clicks in truly tabloid style?

I'd imagine he has had plenty.  The man is a professional gobshite.  I'm pretty sure Football Italia had a regular Sinisa watch section on the show in the 90s reporting on who he had upset or who he had kicked this week, if not then they certainly still got a hell of a lot of mileage out of the guy.

He's such a nasty piece of work I am genuinely surprised he never signed for Chelsea.  Maybe the Abramovich money did come a couple of years too late. 

his rap sheet is awful, even as a manager he kicked players out of his Serbia squad for not singing the national anthem. Im sure he got into serious issues with Stimac, Mutu, Vieira in his playing career

though he did take a brilliant free-kick when he wasnt being a prick

He spat at Vieria once and was accused of racism I think.

Wasn't he an Assistant with Mancini in his first spell there. Only thing I'd say is you do get transfers between the Milan clubs on occasions and indeed a few like Seedorf and Ronaldo have played for both clubs so probably not as fierce as say a Liverpool player going to Man United.

• 2 weeks later...

Milan have signed Bacca from Sevilla 21m Euro, Andrea Bertolacci from Roma (20m Euro), Luiz Adriano for 5.75m Euro from Shakhtar and finally, Adil Rami went to Sevilla.

Busy week, a new forward line, a much needed midfielder.

The Stimac-Mihailovic feud is footballs version of the basketball documentary "Once we were brothers" who I highly recommend. A Google translation from a long article about the two:

Last fall, it was as a UEFA conference in Warsaw. National coaches from all over the continent were invited to discuss current football issues and solve some administrative issues.

Suddenly Sinisa Mihajlovic and Igor Stimac eye-to-eye with each other on the veranda. They hesitated a few moments, but then they settled down together at a table, each with a cup of coffee. Half an hour later they stood.

The two will hardly ever be friends again, they will probably never even respect each other - but they seem to at least have agreed to let Friday's meeting remain a football game.
- When I was a young man, I was not always the smartest decisions, but I'm more mature today. Now I understand that we must prevent the game against Serbia will be a continuation of the war. If the crowd at the Maksimir Stadium starts chanting "Kill Serbs" or singing Ustasha songs so I will take my team off the pitch. Above all, we must protect children and young people in the stadium from being pressed by the same war that destroyed so many lives in our generations.

That documentary is brilliant, watched it recently and sure i mentioned it in the documentary thread

as for Mihajlovic he was actually born in a part of what is now Croatia and he is a complicated character about that subject

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It blows my mind that Milan are playing a 16 year old in goal at the moment, and he's doing well!

A 16 year old outfield player is one thing. But the confidence, authority and bottle it takes to play in goal is something else. So for somebody so young to be doing it for such a big club is, frankly, amazing.

• Like 2

I suppose you can see both points of view v4e.  For a 16 year old to be getting chosen is unbelievable, but at the same time, I suppose a club of their stature not having a player more developed and capable of keeping goal at that level does probably cast AC in a slight negative too, unless this kid is the bastard child of Schmeichel, Yashin & Jennings.  I suppose it depends which narrative they want to concentrate on.  I'd go with the positive one.

Â