Italian Football

Troglodyte

Finally the AC Milan takeover has been completed. Apparently it could hit £1bn. The Milan derby will be the all first "Chinese" derby. Will be interesting to see what happens this summer in the transfer window, maybe Serie A could reinvigorate itself. The owners have already stated getting back in to the CL next season is the aim.

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Finally the AC Milan takeover has been completed. Apparently it could hit £1bn. The Milan derby will be the all first "Chinese" derby. Will be interesting to see what happens this summer in the transfer window, maybe Serie A could reinvigorate itself. The owners have already stated getting back in to the CL next season is the aim.

eh Villa vs Wolves ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Totti looks about 20 stone now, it's time to go Francesco.

I haven't been following the story closely but way is there so much bile being directed at Spalletti for not playing Totti much, Roma fans can't be seriously expecting him to start ahead of likes of Dzeko or Salah surely?

Well Totti is to Roma fans what McGrath is to us, but times 1000.000

As it is widely expected to be his last season after the new director of football Monchi (brilliant piece of business headhunting him from Sevilla) made the decision no one at the club dared to make in not offering him a new contract. Fans are a bit miffed that he is not getting the farewell they feel he rightly deserve.

As Dzeko is injured they felt he should have had more than 1 minute last night against Juve.

I'm no Roma fan so I'm sure others can fill in with more insight, but I really hope he get's a proper farewell party at home to Genoa in the last game of the season.

Yeah I get all that but all good things come to an end.

You see the quality and standard Roma play at nowadays, a 40 year old would look a bit out of place in their fast paced attack when Salah is running Bolt like at the defence.

It's a bit like Giggs getting token appearances for Man. United at the end as he obviously can't hack the 90 minutes anymore.

One home game left so as you say I'm sure Totti will get an amazing send off by Giallorossi fans.

On 15/04/2017 at 07:40, dudevillaisnice said:

Finally the AC Milan takeover has been completed. Apparently it could hit £1bn. The Milan derby will be the all first "Chinese" derby.

First Milan derby? First in Italian derby?

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing stuff from Crotone.

Lost 9 of their first 10 games in Seria A.

Had 9 points after 19 games. (even less than we did the other season).

Had 14 points on the 2nd April. At that point there were just 9 games left.

Tonev plays for them.

Stayed up by two points! Won 6 out of their last 9 games to overtake Empoli. 

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Amazing stuff from Crotone.

Lost 9 of their first 10 games in Seria A.

Had 9 points after 19 games. (even less than we did the other season).

Had 14 points on the 2nd April. At that point there were just 9 games left.

Tonev plays for them.

Stayed up by two points! Won 6 out of their last 9 games to overtake Empoli. 

Don't suppose he missed the last 9 games did he? :detect:

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Palermo fans will be fuming, they have played well the last few weeks but way too late

Another horribly run club, few years back they had Cavani and Dybala playing upfront for them. Belotti was there for a spell aswell. Add the 200 managers they've had in the last 5 years.

Zamparani has sold up now I think.

Â