Italian Football

Troglodyte

Luca Toni shared Serie A's top scorer award with Mauro Icardi, on 22 goals. That means that, 38 year old, Luca Toni has scored 44 goals in 75 games with Chievo Verona. Not bad at all.

I wonder how many players have had seasons as top scorer as far apart as Toni? Won it with Fiorentina in 05-06, now with Verono in 14-15.

Edited by kurtsimonw

He played his first Seria A game in 2000/01 so very much a late developer. Also won a World cup aswell. He's a bit like that Hubner guy a few years back who seemed to be scoring Seria A goals well into his 40s.

If there's one English striker I could see playing until he's close to 40 it would be Crouch I think.

ANSA) - Milan, June 5 - Silvio Berlusconi reached a tentative deal Friday with Bee Taechaubol that would give the Thai businessman a minority stake of under 50% in AC Milan, the seven-time European soccer champions. The figure is reportedly around 500 million euros and negotiations were continuing to close the deal. Earlier reports had suggested Berlusconi rejected a one-billion-euro offer to sell 100% of the soccer club on Thursday. Taechaubol reportedly then returned with an offer for a minority stake.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/sports/2015/06/05/berlusconi-taechaubol-tentative-deal_36da708a-39a1-4e2c-a56d-5035c962868e.html

Luca Toni shared Serie A's top scorer award with Mauro Icardi, on 22 goals. That means that, 38 year old, Luca Toni has scored 44 goals in 75 games with Chievo Verona. Not bad at all.

He doesn't play for Chievo, he plays for Hellas. 

Fiorentina have sacked Montella. Had a decent season, although I feel he had done what he could there.

don't think he finished outside top 4 with them did he? Montella my be the next Milan manager IMO

Fiorentina have sacked Montella. Had a decent season, although I feel he had done what he could there.

don't think he finished outside top 4 with them did he? Montella my be the next Milan manager IMO
3 straight 4th place finishes, UEFA Cup semi, Coops Italia finalists. Not a bad job at all. Fell out with the owners, they mentioned a lack.of respect. A return for Prandelli maybe?

3 straight 4th place finishes, UEFA Cup semi, Coops Italia finalists. Not a bad job at all. Fell out with the owners, they mentioned a lack.of respect. A return for Prandelli maybe?

I think the lack of respect thng was around being linked with the Milan job, from what I can gather he may be keen on that job which pissed Fiorentina off. Be interested to see what happens with Milan in regards to the takeover and the new proposed bad ass stadium. It may be that Milan might make a comeback over the next 2-3 seasons. Yup, I agree about Prandelli possibly coming back to Fiorentina next season he is a popular chap in Florence

Rumours of Higuain to Arsenal :angry:

They tried when he was at Madrid didn't they? Would be a good signing for the gunners

I think the lack of respect thng was around being linked with the Milan job, from what I can gather he may be keen on that job which pissed Fiorentina off. Be interested to see what happens with Milan in regards to the takeover and the new proposed bad ass stadium. It may be that Milan might make a comeback over the next 2-3 seasons. Yup, I agree about Prandelli possibly coming back to Fiorentina next season he is a popular chap in Florence

They tried when he was at Madrid didn't they? Would be a good signing for the gunners
Milan need to appoint the right manager, no place for sentiment. Would love to see them back up there.

In regards to Prandelli, he is Fiorentina's longest serving manager, with a whopping 5 years in charge!

Milan need to appoint the right manager, no place for sentiment. Would love to see them back up there.

In regards to Prandelli, he is Fiorentina's longest serving manager, with a whopping 5 years in charge!

Milan need a squad overhaul too, it's shit. I would love them to be competetive again, they are the team I follow after Aston Villa. They need to change their pedestrian style too as it's outdated and predictable. Milan love sentiment hence resigning Kaka and try to get Zlatan, it needs a whole new approach. Hopefully they get new owners and get their new stadium

• Like 1

They tried to get Zlatan back because he more or less single handedly won them the Scudetto 3 years ago.

He alone was able to get Nocerino 12 league goals.. I think he assisted 9 of them.  When Zlatan left Nocerino was absolutely appalling.

They seriously need to get rid of Muntari too, he's been so poor for so long now.

They actually have a half decent spine with Lopez, Montelivo, Honda there.  They just need a new back line and new forwards (which is a lot, I know).

Mihajlovic confirmed at AC.  It'll be interesting to see how much slack the ex-Inter man is given there by the fans.

I'm he also said once "i'll never play for THAT club in my career", or something along those lines. Poor choice in my book, they could have done better.

Parma have failed to find a buyer, have officially been declared bankrupt and will start next season in amateur division 4

_81229394_dc7969ae-e4c1-4447-8f5b-14e862

busted

Parma are set to begin next season as an amateur club in Italy's fourth tier after failing to find a buyer to pay off a debt of 22.6m euros (£16.2m).

horribly run and some people should be ashamed of themselves that they killed the club. Players and management deserve a lot fo credit for putting up a fight when the club was in an impossible battle

Also they were one of only 3 teams to beat Juventus in the league

Â