Italian Football

Troglodyte

Was Diego Lopez playing that badly to be dropped?

Haven't seen many of their games this season but last year he was keeping them in so many games when the likes of Abate and Mexes were f***ing up infront of him.

Dunno. The Guardian's article said Lopez had been "struggling" and they'd conceded 14 in 8 games

• 3 months later...

AC Milan sneaking closer to 3rd :D

I think I should follow them a bit closer this year!!

Doing very well, getting Bacca in was genius, it means "we" haven't had to rely on Balo (who's been injured and not great) as much as we did when he first came.  Montolivo playing also helps heavily, and the kids are growing in confidence.

13 games left and 6 points away from 3rd, be a wonderful achievement to get back into CL after the poor start.

Napoli 1 - Milan 1 was quite a poor game yesterday. Neither team had pretty much any quality in the middle of the park. Very little ball retention, not many shots on target.

But still, a good point for Milan.  Thought Balotelli looked much better than Niang when he came on in the 85th minute too, he immediately brought other players into play and held the ball up well, should have been brought on earlier.

Gianluigia Donnarumma turns 17 today.

He's AC Milan's number 1 and already looking like an extremely good goalkeeper.

It's absolutely astonishing what he could potentially achieve.  He should get his first minutes as a Italian number 1 this year too.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:12, lapal_fan said:

AC Milan sneaking closer to 3rd :D

I think I should follow them a bit closer this year!!

Doing very well, getting Bacca in was genius, it means "we" haven't had to rely on Balo (who's been injured and not great) as much as we did when he first came.  Montolivo playing also helps heavily, and the kids are growing in confidence.

13 games left and 6 points away from 3rd, be a wonderful achievement to get back into CL after the poor start.

You can't be a real fan if you call them "AC Milan" ;)

56 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Gianluigia Donnarumma turns 17 today.

He's AC Milan's number 1 and already looking like an extremely good goalkeeper.

It's absolutely astonishing what he could potentially achieve.  He should get his first minutes as a Italian number 1 this year too.

yeah but by the time he is 30 I still expect Buffon to be Italy No.1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Napoli are falling apart, think both European football and going for serie a title has been too much of a burden.

Bot sure about la viola.. just beaten by the better team i guess.

Napoli seem to have collapsed since that homophobic incident the manager had with Mancini

• 2 months later...

Why is italian league so corrupt compared to other leagues? Constantly hear stories about match fixing. supposed to be a fixed game between spezia v ascoli tonight. And investigation going on with red card vs napoli.

Serie A is nowhere near as bad as Serie B.

Interestingly, historically, the games which have been found guilty of match fixing are almost always games where there is nothing to play for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

Why is italian league so corrupt compared to other leagues? Constantly hear stories about match fixing. supposed to be a fixed game between spezia v ascoli tonight. And investigation going on with red card vs napoli.

I really don't think it is.

The difference is that it's seemingly the one FA that's interested in trying to clear up the league. Can you imagine leagues relegating Barca or Madrid? United, Liverpool, Chelsea? No chance. I imagine it's very hard to really find any hard proof in any case. Juve were unfortunate that the telecom company that supplied the information was owned by Inter, I believe.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â