Italian Football

Troglodyte

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Hope Roma go on to win the Europa league this season (and they're favourites for me). With a TIM cup semi-final against Lazio coming up it could be a great swansong for Totti.

best swansong for Totti would be somebody breaking his leg and somebody then spitting on him

the man is dirt and doesnt deserve the praise he is getting

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Totti is one of the generations most beautiful players. The touch, the technique, the way he strikes a ball, his chip shots. I don't mind players who have an attitude or edge when they have the class to back it up.

Agreed. And all this things you mention - this goal pretty much has it all, one of my favourite ever.

Was hoping to get over to the Rome derby at the end of April, seeing as it could very well be his last, but my mates can't go and don't really fancy it on my own.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

10 minute hattrick for Belotti today...now has 22 goals in Seria A this season, 3 ahead of Higuaín and Edin Dzeko.

Think he'll be playing for a higher placed club than Torino next year, he reminds me a lot of Kane so think he'd do well in England.

Just don't go to Dortmund Andrea and fade into obscurity like Immobile has....

Belotti is also similar to Kane in that he's a pretty late developer. He didn't look that special at Palermo or in the Italian youth set-up, but really took off at the back end of last season. He's really exploding now and it's getting hard to see him staying at Toro beyond this season (though he does seem pretty loyal). Think he's got far more in his locker than Immobile (who's having a bit of a revival at Lazio this season), but Dortmund would never pay what would be required anyway. Belotti to Atleti if Griezmann moves on?

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

didnt Chelsea have an 89 million pound bid rejected in January. So the story was

Don't think his buyout was even that high....or it was before he signed a new deal. Will probably end up at one of the Milan clubs I reckon particularly as he's a first choice for Italy now.

Not sure Atletico will go for another Torino player after the disaster that was Alessio Cerci!

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

10 minute hattrick for Belotti today...now has 22 goals in Seria A this season, 3 ahead of Higuaín and Edin Dzeko.

Think he'll be playing for a higher placed club than Torino next year, he reminds me a lot of Kane so think he'd do well in England.

Just don't go to Dortmund Andrea and fade into obscurity like Immobile has....

I'm sure Immobile plays for Lazio now, hasn't he got about 15-20 goals this season? Don't think he has quite gone into obscurity.

You're right, he scored two last night actually.

Just hasn't shown he can do anything beyond Seria A, did little at Dortmund, Sevilla and for the national team.

Hopefully Belloti will do more on the bigger stages...he's already scored a few goals for Italy.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Italian strikers are poor travellers in general. Gabbiadini is proving the exception though still early days

Admittedly there have been Bianchis and Maccarones as well, but they weren't that highly regarded in Italy either.

zola.jpg

vieri.jpg

toni.jpg

Edited by Mat Kendrick's Dentist

26 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Fair enough, though there will always be hits and misses! I'll throw Di Canio, Ravanelli and Giuseppe Rossi into the mix :P

Vialli wad decent at Chelsea too 

Â