Italian Football

Troglodyte

There was an Lazio player called Felipe Anderson who had an incredible game, scored a long ranger from 30 yards and had two great assists with two long runs.

Never heard of him before but could be a player to watch perhaps.

FM legend!

There is a new one at sassulo, berradi, never seen him in real life but he seems to be pretty much the future of Italian football along with another FM legend verratti

• 4 weeks later...

I've said it before but how bad are the Milan clubs these days? They're so bad we could probably give them a game and maybe even score a goal against either of them.

Inter got turned over 3-1 by Sassulo today, just watched Meelan first half v Parma who are bottom and they are lucky to be 1-1 tbh. Menez looks the only player of real quality on the pitch.

Not inconceivable both teams could finish in the bottom half this year.

Not good for Italian football both teams decline as you have Juve running away with the league year in year out and they don't make a major impact in the champions league anymore.

Edited by VillaChris

I'm pretty much hating Milan at the moment, it's honestly just a club going through the motions.  They know they won't get 3rd, they're not bothered about Europa League, there's absolutely no investment in the team other than what they recoup through transfers, but then, who'll buy average youngsters or old broken players like Essien/Muntari?

It's just so depressing.. to go from Ibra 3 years ago to this, is absolutely abysmal and Burlesconi/Galliani should have been shoved out the door about 5 years ago.

Both Milan and Roma want Montella, apparently. Fiorentina have allegedly been contacting Mazzarri about a move in the summer should he leave. I hope it doesn't come that that, though I think Mazzarri would fit in well in Florence. 

If Milan get Montella, spend some money and get some sense of identity back into their team they could be decent again. They've been showing a willingness to sign Italian players who recognise what it means to play for the Rossoneri, but that means nothing when those players either totally average, or in the latter stages of their careers.

Edited by adz.villa

Both Milan and Roma want Montella, apparently. Fiorentina have allegedly been contacting Mazzarri about a move in the summer should he leave. I hope it doesn't come that that, though I think Mazzarri would fit in well in Florence. 

If Milan get Montella, spend some money and get some sense of identity back into their team they could be decent again. They've been showing a willingness to sign Italian players who recognise what it means to play for the Rossoneri, but that means nothing when those players either totally average, or in the latter stages of their careers.

You mean Antonio Nocerino? ;)

You're right, Milan don't really have a style at the moment, constantly switching between 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 4-2-4 etc. 

Feel for Inzaghi and Seedorf - they're both on a hiding to nothing after being legends with the club.  Apart from Honda (sometimes), Montolivo (when he's fit) and Mexes (sometimes), they've really not got much quality.

And for all the singing and dancing about El Shaarwry - he's really faltered in his development since he first burst onto the scene.  Shame really.

There was an Lazio player called Felipe Anderson who had an incredible game, scored a long ranger from 30 yards and had two great assists with two long runs.

Never heard of him before but could be a player to watch perhaps.

FM legend!

Lit up my Boreham Wood side on its epic climb from the Vanarama South to League 1 (let him go to Farnsborough for 2k that summer). We shall forever be indebted to him giving us the twilight years of his career

Hahaha, Jesus Christ Milan. 1-1 draw at home against Empoli. Massimo Maccarone got the visitor's equalizer.  :lol:

At least they've got themselves a good striker in Destro. Cut from the same cloth as Inzaghi in that he does shite all else but score goals.

Edited by adz.villa

They finished 9 men in the end as Diego Lopez got sent off and Paletta (yes the hopeless ex Liverpool guy) limped off.

Bit like us in 12/13 I've no idea who half their team is nowadays....Bonaventura. Antonelli, have they taken half of these guys out of the San Siro stands as their general play is horrible to watch.

Arrigo Sacchi - "I'm not racist... but there are too many black players"

I’m certainly not racist and my history as a coach demonstrates that … But look at the Viareggio [youth] tournament I would say that there are too many black players. Italy has no dignity, no pride.

Sigh. Italian in racism shocker.

It's funny how the game he destroyed England he had a sudden load of popularity over here, which seems to have completely dissipated lately.

english football is incredibly insular, there are no doubt people who think messi, ibrahimovic and cavani are shit because they never seem to perform at the same level vs english teams, the likes of ITV for what ever reason feed in to that, the media coverage during and following the pirlo game was piss poor, he'd been world class for 5+ years and dominated english teams before yet they all acted like they didnt know who he was

add to that we also believe the "world class" thing that we are force fed and then for whatever reason are shocked when it turns out that our "world class" players arent actually as good as a 34 year old Italian that doesnt seem to move about a lot

i think a lot of people in this country are in for a shock when they see jack wilshere vs kroos / isco / pogba

• Like 2

I absolutely agree 100%. You can't blame the common fan, because we're just not exposed to these players outside of messi and ronaldo. Even now, we're constantly reminded that ronaldo is an "ex man utd" player.. its ridiculous.

Ibra only ever seemed to gain media popularity when he scored that 40 yard overhead kick too, even though he single handedly won the league for milan 2 years in a row.

We're the proverbial shire horse with the blinkers on.. suppose it's one of the main reason we've just sold the tv rights for 5 billion quid.. keep shouting "we're the best" and people start to believe you.

Â