Italian Football

Troglodyte

Have BET 365 stopped showing the Italian games?

Wasn't any on this weekend and was looking forward to watching Roma-Juve tonight but that wasn't on either, been showing them since I was at Uni which is quite a few years ago now!

• 1 month later...

looking again at team that played last night and they are decent players like Honda, Menez and van Ginkel but they arent Milan players. 1st great team I ever saw was MIlan of early 90s on Channel 4 and always had a soft spot for them even though I preferred Lazio

not just Milan but Inter as well are in doldrums

compare these squads to what they both had just 5 years 

Inter Milan: Handanovic, Vidic, Ranocchia, D'Ambrosio, Juan, Medel, Kovacic (Shaqiri 77'), Gnoukouri (Obi 67'), Hernanes, Palacio, Icardi

Goals: None

AC Milan: Lopez, Antonelli, Mexes, Alex (Paletta 70'), Ibate, De Jong, Poli (Cerci 81'), van Ginkel, Bonaventura, Menez, Suso (Destro 73')

Goals: None

I loved that Meelan team in the mid 00s that won 2 (should've been 3 of course) european cups although they did underachieve in Seria.

Maldini, Costacurta, Stam, Serginho, Jankulovski, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo....and as for the attackers Rui Costa, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi.

Beautiful.

• Like 3

also around them seasons they had Cafu, Crespo, Nesta, Vieri, Ambrosini, Tomasson, Redondo and some lad named Laursen

was whos who of footballing talent of last 20 years and players as good as any team in Europe had

I loved that Meelan team in the mid 00s although they did underachieve in Seria.

Ancelotti is a domestic underachiever. For all the European Cups he's won, his overall league record is borderline terrible IMO. Yeah he's won a title in many different countries, but with the sides he's had at his disposal he should've won FAR more.

Yeah he plays some decent stuff. But a decade in charge of Juve/Milan with 1 title is poor. He took over PSG mid-season, with by far the best side in the league, when they were top and didn't win the title that year - although he won it the next year which was to be expected in a 1 team league. Chelsea he did a good job with obviously.

He's won 3 league titles in 19 seasons as a manager.   I'd say of those 19 seasons all but his single season at Reggiana have been at clubs who have had serious ambitions of winning the league. 

Can't shit on the guy though, his collection of medals is quite incredible.  One of a very small group of people to have won the European Cup/Champions League as a player and a manager.   He might be the only one who's won it on multiple occasions both as a player and a manager? 

The thing with Ancelotti is not only do his teams play good football but he also gets the big stars onside. Look at difference in attitude to players in Madrid since when Mourinho was there but he did it at all his other clubs as well. He might not always get great results but he makes the situations at clubs better, think people forget how bad a mess Milan were before he took over. Needed bit of magic from Pirlo on last day of season just get them in Champions League in his 1st season and keep his job

also helps that he seems like a really nice guy as well compared to some of other managers in football e.g when he was in Premier LeagueBenitez, Ferguson and Wenger just seem like moaning bsatards and he seemed a cheerful guy

• 3 weeks later...

Domenico Berardi likes playing against Milan doesn't he? Last season became the first player ever (I believe?) to score 4 goals in a game against Milan. Only managed a hat-trick this season.

He's scored 41 goals (with 26 assists) in 96 games in the league for Sassuolo and is still only 20 years old. Owned by Juve, so guessing they'll probably have him back for next season or whenever they move Tevez/Llorente on.

Â