Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell the difference between the differently scented bleaches? Lemon and pine are the main ones, but I've got one that's allegedly cherry. Smells like **** bleach.

Edited by Davkaus

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Can anyone tell the difference between the differently scented bleaches? Lemon and pine are the main ones, but I've got one that's allegedly cherry. Smells like **** bleach.

No idea myself, I think the missus buys the one that matches the bathroom decor the best

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Have you tried taste testing?

• Haha 3

Just now, Seat68 said:

Prompted by a trending topic on Twitter. Does everyone of voting age in the UK know what Chinny reckon/Jimmy Hill/Itchy Chin means.  

We've discussed this on VT before. 

I think it fits into a particular age category. I'd never heard of it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Prompted by a trending topic on Twitter. Does everyone of voting age in the UK know what Chinny reckon/Jimmy Hill/Itchy Chin means.  

You mean when someone wants to display disbelief at something? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

It was always itchy chin when I was at school. Never heard of chinny reckon until I saw it on here. Perhaps a regional thing? 

• Like 1

It’s presumably just from stroking your chin when contemplating something, it’s just a sarcastic version of that. Like saying “Yeah, right” dismissively.

I’m more curious as to why the twittersphere is discussing it, someone tweet it and cause some confusion I take it?

• Like 1

I wonder what sort of post will receive the new 'shocked' emoji (especially compared to the previous 'confused' one). Is it going to be that one comes to be 'surprised in a good way' and one 'surprised in a bad way', or is the distinction something else?

What does @Genie have in mind?

• Shocked 3

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder what sort of post will receive the new 'shocked' emoji (especially compared to the previous 'confused' one). Is it going to be that one comes to be 'surprised in a good way' and one 'surprised in a bad way', or is the distinction something else?

What does @Genie have in mind?

Its probably reserved for shocking news situations, like this one

10-of-the-most-shocking-headlines-you-wi

Being slightly serious though I don't think its a great "shocking" emoji. It looks a bit like a kissing face. I'd go with something like 😲

Edited by Genie
  • Shocked 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â