Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Just saw an item on TV  pointing out that squirrels are either right- or left- 'handed', I wonder how many species have  right- and left-handedness? And whether right is predominant, as it is in humans? We used to have a cat that was definitely left-pawed - she struggled to open doors that were hinged the 'wrong' way, while her right-pawed brother did them with ease. 

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just saw an item on TV  pointing out that squirrels are either right- or left- 'handed', I wonder how many species have  right- and left-handedness? And whether right is predominant, as it is in humans? We used to have a cat that was definitely left-pawed - she struggled to open doors that were hinged the 'wrong' way, while her right-pawed brother did them with ease. 

There was that myth that all polar bears are left handed (left pawed?). That did the rounds for quite a while before it was dismissed as incorrect.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Snakes are ambidextrous 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In Neil Young's song "Alabama", he sings: "Your Cadillac has got one wheel in the ditch, and a wheel on the track". 

Where are the other two wheels? 

that will teach him to drive it to Liverpool

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I support the Packers who I've decided are the Villa.

Steeped in tradition, early front runners racking up many early titles and being most successful for a number of years.  Followed by countless years of mediocrity with two massive semi recent stand alone successes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Steeped in tradition, early front runners racking up many early titles and being most successful for a number of years.  Followed by countless years of mediocrity with two massive semi recent stand alone successes.

5749c1e0102f6_KennethWilliams.jpeg.f26b6c565274f9b515ea12cb96fa4f49.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Are the New England Patriots the Man United of American football. Everyone seems to support them. 

I think so. Many parallels with Fergie's team in the fact they often don't have the best squad but they find a way to win. What they have done over the years is outstanding. You don't get dominant forces in he NFL for a long period of time... the set up isn't designed for that but they seem to be there or thereabouts every year. 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I also think the Browns can be thought of as Villa-eque as well. Traditional power, steeped in history and been managed with the skill of an untrained chimp in the last 10 years or so! 

Â