Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

43 minutes ago, choffer said:

I dish out 'likes' when I like.

The particular scenario you outline has never had to be a consideration for me, for some unknown reason. 

There you go, have a like.  I've set you on your way.

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why Stockport F.C.are called County, when Stockport is in no way a County.

Newport isn't a county either

EDit: in their instance, it is apparently a shortening of their original name which was Newport and Monmouth County AFC

American English.

I often wonder when "very" or "extremely" were removed from their vocabulary.  Now everything is "super".  I'm super excited.  Man I'm super annoyed.  Things are super bad.  Super lucky.  **** off.

I also often wonder when "bunch" became the collective term for literally **** everything, even when it doesn't make sense.  I've heard 'a bunch of water' used ffs.  A  bunch of money.  'A bunch of times'.  Aaargh.

I know I have 1 more example, but it escapes me for now.  I'll be back :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Careful not to paint us all with the same brush.   We don't all do that, and when we're lumped in with that bunch of idiots it makes us super annoyed.

Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know whether to put this in the boring thread but.....well, I wonder why the strip of sellotape (in a holder) that stretches from the serrated edge back to the rest of the roll never seems to dry out ?

Hmmm 🤔

• 3 weeks later...

The anonymous graffiti artist called Banksy. 

I often wonder how he can remain anonymous especially whilst he's painting his latest masterpiece ? I mean, if he's finishing off a piece, say on the side wall of swindon public baths, surely someone must be walking past & think "hey, you must be that Banksy geezer !" and either unmask him or take a pic or something like that ? Even if he does it all at night time there has to be someone around, driving past or whatever that clocks who he is ?

39 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The anonymous graffiti artist called Banksy. 

I often wonder how he can remain anonymous especially whilst he's painting his latest masterpiece ? I mean, if he's finishing off a piece, say on the side wall of swindon public baths, surely someone must be walking past & think "hey, you must be that Banksy geezer !" and either unmask him or take a pic or something like that ? Even if he does it all at night time there has to be someone around, driving past or whatever that clocks who he is ?

I always assumed he had a small team that keep a look out while he’s doodling.

• Haha 1

Â