Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah agreed. My wife has been talking about one for years and its the age restriction that has always swayed me. I can't afford a 40-80k static, and even with the age, you wouldn't in my opinion make that money back in value, so to speak. Where as a 20k-25k van, if allowed for longer, you could probably justify that. An example I was looking at, lovely site by Borth, good facilities, could see me spending a lot of time there. 25k for the van. 2.5k per year service fees. However its already 14 years old, so 11 years left, if fees remain the same, thats 52k. Which might be reasonable value if you are in it every single weekend, or rent it out and make some money off it, but for me I consistently say no to it.

I’ve worked away in Borth before. There was a cracking B&B there run by a lovely woman called Rhona .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve worked away in Borth before. There was a cracking B&B there run by a lovely woman called Rhona .

Rhona likes ya to bhoner 😻

• Haha 4

My family had a static caravan outside Borth for a number of years.

It's a lovely thing if you like the idea of a holiday home somewhere you like a lot, but it wasn't cheap when we were doing it 20 years ago and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

On 21/09/2023 at 23:25, Chindie said:

My family had a static caravan outside Borth for a number of years.

It's a lovely thing if you like the idea of a holiday home somewhere you like a lot, but it wasn't cheap when we were doing it 20 years ago and I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

Bort?

K8VD.gif

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder if the moon landing conspiracy theory would ever have become a thing, had the film 'Capricorn One' (which was actually about a faked Mars landing) not been made? 

Great film 

Out of interest has anyone actually asked the moon if anyone has been there.

Did Amazon suddenly start sending links and reminders to the moon about astronauts and flags. Cos i can't fart near my phone without Amazon knowing about it. 

On 23/09/2023 at 13:14, Rugeley Villa said:

Just cracked my pasta issue that I’ve been having. Whenever I do pasta , like just now I’m always confused because I’ll put a certain amount in a saucepan but always end up with loads on my plate. Only just realised it expands. 

Eureka!

• Haha 1

Was chattting to a guy today at work who is going on long term leave maybe retiring. He has heart problems and was saying it's a issue with his electrics, which got me thinking? How the hell does our body produce an electric impulse to power the heart. Nothing else can work this way without friction or some sort of fuel surely.

On 22/09/2023 at 23:11, mjmooney said:

I wonder if the moon landing conspiracy theory would ever have become a thing, had the film 'Capricorn One' (which was actually about a faked Mars landing) not been made? 

Billy Kaysing produced his $30bn lie pamphlet in 1976 which I believe is the first moon conspiracy theory. Capricorn one came out in 1977 so the answer to your question is No …. but ,  the script was written in 1973 and the film given the go ahead in 1975 , so it’s possible the script started the “thing”

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

How the hell does our body produce an electric impulse to power the heart. Nothing else can work this way without friction or some sort of fuel surely.

What do you think food is other than fuel?

Bigger picture, all life (all chemistry) is fundamentally just differences in electrical charge. That living bodies use electrical chatres to drive processes should be the opposite of surprising.

Â