Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

It is the second month of autumn here and the weather forcasters have been predicting storms for the last 2 weeks,all we have had is 2 brief showers,for a total of about 6 minutes total.So, my question is.How is it that we hear predictions about global warming when they cant even tell if its going to rain tomorrow 

Global warming is the increase in average temperatures. Those average temperatures have been increasing steadily for decades.  

The 2020s will be the decade with the highest average temperatures ever recorded. 

But inthe short term, tomorrow could be hot, cold, wet or dry.  

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

They are all a con as there is no such thing as a credit score in the UK. 

I'm not too fussed on my credit score but I do like to check on my credit report from time to time.  Sites like ClearScore and Credit Karma (both free) are quite good I've found.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Bloody hell, how the other half live! 

There shouldn't be anything in them. You get signing on bonuses when you move bank accounts, open credit cards or make bank transfers. I've literally just done it to get about £100 for free. Credit checks help make sure they're actually closed down. There's zero benefit in just having one bank account. 

Usually generations fill in the gaps left by the older ones. Footballers for example, always new ones coming through. 

Villatalk. We don’t have a conveyor belt of new villatalk talent. We don’t have a new 18 year old  @lapal_fan or @Genie

What happens here when we become decrepit or die? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Usually generations fill in the gaps left by the older ones. Footballers for example, always new ones coming through. 

Villatalk. We don’t have a conveyor belt of new villatalk talent. We don’t have a new 18 year old  @lapal_fan or @Genie

Sometimes we lament.

Sometimes we cheer.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

VT couldn't cope with another L_F.

😎

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Give it time. There are some posters who are clearly younger in On Topic. Once they've reached the level of galaxy-brain maturity and intellect that we all have, they'll eventually be ready to spar with their intellectual superiors in Off Topic.

• Haha 1

What is tall? And why are some people so obsessed with it?

I’m 6 ft, so in some groups I feel tall, and then quite often I find myself surrounded by people much taller than me. I feel like I’m not tall enough for it to be a standout feature, but not short enough to be self conscious, so it just kind of floats by unless someone else starts talking about it.

Women on dating apps are obsessed with it. Men on dating apps lie about it.

Tall men are really proud of it.

But nowhere in society is tallness more prestigious than VillaTalk On Topic midfielder chat. What is the value of that extra inch of height? 🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can all first team premiership footballers be classed as millionaires.

They should comfortably be, unless they’re really young and only just got their first big deal.

Average annual salary at Burnley is £1.6m. I imagine the lowest earner would be taking home around £500k a year maybe? Only takes a few years to stack that up as £1m of wealth.

There might be some players who’ve blown it all on women / partying / gambling / etc but even those have probably managed to tuck away £1m in cash and assets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

What is tall? And why are some people so obsessed with it?

I’m 6 ft, so in some groups I feel tall, and then quite often I find myself surrounded by people much taller than me. I feel like I’m not tall enough for it to be a standout feature, but not short enough to be self conscious, so it just kind of floats by unless someone else starts talking about it.

Women on dating apps are obsessed with it. Men on dating apps lie about it.

Tall men are really proud of it.

But nowhere in society is tallness more prestigious than VillaTalk On Topic midfielder chat. What is the value of that extra inch of height? 🧐

I’m 5ft 8”. I’d say I was average height, erring on the shorter side. 

But then I think I subconsciously consider myself as average or “normal” for everything. I sort of use myself to define what’s typical. 

The dating apps thing, yeah I have seen one or two profiles of women who say “If you’re below 6 feet tall, sorry move on…” or similar. And as you say, men lie about this, which in turn has made me think that women seeing a profile of mine think I’m lying about my height. In the past I have used one of the text prompts to confirm my height stating that no one has ever pretended to be 5’8”.

This has made me wonder if height is held in a similar regard with same sex relationships.

Obviously there will be individual preferences, but as a general rule is there an equivalent of the typical scenario of a woman wanting a man who is taller/man wanting a woman who is shorter.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Ha

There is usually some text that goes with that image about Dot Cotton and Pauline Fowler , always makes me laugh far more than it should 

• Like 2

Â