Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

13 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Prompted by Matty Cash and his message of support on his shirt yesterday… how often do players have a message of some kind prepared but they don’t have an appropriate moment to display it, the most obvious one being scoring a goal. 

Yeah my first thought when he showed that message was "Bloody hell that was ambitious!"

The opposite problem is of course Ian Wright taking his shirt off to reveal his message too early

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah my first thought when he showed that message was "Bloody hell that was ambitious!"

The opposite problem is of course Ian Wright taking his shirt off to reveal his message too early

I had completely forgotten about Ian Wright’s premature t shirt message.

Yeah I suppose that’s what prompted me to voice this musing. It’s something I’ve thought before. If someone as relatively unlikely to score a goal as Cash is wearing a t shirt in support of Ukraine, how many other players are wearing similar t shirts for all sorts of causes, or to acknowledge someone who has recently died, but don’t get the opportunity to display it, then the next time they do score, the moment has passed. 

I can’t recall any player revealing a message after an assist, or at the end of a game they’ve won. It might have happened, but I can’t think of one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I can’t recall any player revealing a message after an assist, or at the end of a game they’ve won. It might have happened, but I can’t think of one.

Every time Bruno Fernandez walks on the pitch his face reveals that he's a weasel nosed spunk trumpet.

But thats the only one I can think of.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Every time Bruno Fernandez walks on the pitch his face reveals that he's a weasel nosed spunk trumpet.

But thats the only one I can think of.

Robbie Savage says hi 😉

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I have no idea what this even means :D

Is this how the yoof speak these days?

I was yoof about 20 years ago...

Roughly translated it means "their deep fried dough balls with garlic butter are good enough to be rogered mercilessly at the bakkarackhams"

• Haha 2

On 07/03/2022 at 19:53, Sid4ever said:

How do shepherds stocktake flocks of sheep without counting them?

This is the modern world. They use cloud based computing of course 

image.png.03308db7b33e2d2b97f01d9590181951.png

• Haha 3

Â