Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

How different types of animal do you think you've eaten? 

I am fairly pedestrian, cow, deer, goat, chicken, fish, mollusc (oyster), pidgeon, pheasant, sheep, pig, frog, and as a by product, insect. 

Possibly ate others and can't remember what frog tasted like, chicken, by all accounts. 

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am fairly pedestrian, cow, deer, goat, chicken, fish, mollusc (oyster), pidgeon, pheasant, sheep, pig, frog, and as a by product, insect. 

Possibly ate others and can't remember what frog tasted like, chicken, by all accounts. 

I get the chicken link, they're white meat and when I had them they were on the bone meaning they were like eating small chicken wings and they were tiny, they were also caked in so much garlic that the meat itself was almost pointless

Edited by villa4europe

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I get the chicken link, they're white meat and when I had them they were on the bone meaning they were like eating small chicken wings and they were tiny, they were also caked in so much garlic that the meat itself was almost pointless

I have avoided snails, if you need to smother something in a strong flavour, you are masking something. That said my daughter has 4 African land snails that are massive and could be on borrowed time. 

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have avoided snails, if you need to smother something in a strong flavour, you are masking something. That said my daughter has 4 African land snails that are massive and could be on borrowed time. 

I did snails, once, you know for the experience. I now, no longer need to try rubber bullets in herbs and garlic as I feel I've already experienced that. Never done frogs though

Definitely had kangerooo and horse which aren't on your list plus I really can't remember all the species of fish and other water bourne creatures I've eaten

• Like 1

snails is a step too far for me too, i've never eaten clams or muscles or oysters that kind of thing either

FWIW - frog, chicken, pigeon, goose, duck, pheasant, partridge, cow, bison / buffalo, elk, reindeer, deer, caribou, bear, pig, wild boar, goat, crocodile, kangaroo, sheep

never had rabbit or horse

agree that seafood then becomes a bit blurred as to what i've had, definitely had shark and swordfish and wouldnt recommend either

Just now, villa4europe said:

snails is a step too far for me too, i've never eaten clams or muscles or oysters that kind of thing either

FWIW - frog, chicken, pigeon, goose, duck, pheasant, partridge, cow, bison / buffalo, elk, reindeer, deer, caribou, bear, pig, wild boar, goat, crocodile, kangaroo, sheep

never had rabbit or horse

agree that seafood then becomes a bit blurred as to what i've had, definitely had shark and swordfish and wouldnt recommend either

Oysters caused me problems. I had them once and was on whiskey that night. Might be a general reaction to Oysters or it might be that people say you shouldn't whiskey and oysters. The outcome was I was never 2 minutes away from a toilet. I have had one or two oysters since and haven't had such an adverse reaction. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I can confirm frog is a chicken flavoured delicacy. I can add crcodile to that list, shark and dog.

I had dog in Thailand from a street guy who had a kebab thing. When I asked he said it was lamb but I said it clealry wasn't lamb as it tasted nothing like it. I said that I really didn't mind what it was and that i just wanted to know for interest sake and he admitted it was dog. FYI - the meat was quite flavourless and quite fatty.

had horse too - that was quite salty. 

Oh, yeah, had Seahorse and scorpion too. In beijing. Unsurprisingly they just tasted of fish.

Edited by peterw

Trades people. Mechanics. Jobs were manly men do manly things surrounded by other manly men.

One thing I've never understood - just listening in once in a while they gossip and talk more than I've spoken to my colleagues in a lifetime .

Like a bunch of old women. Very strange dynamic.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Oysters caused me problems. I had them once and was on whiskey that night. Might be a general reaction to Oysters or it might be that people say you shouldn't whiskey and oysters. The outcome was I was never 2 minutes away from a toilet. I have had one or two oysters since and haven't had such an adverse reaction. 

I know they're an aphrodisiac, but Jesus wept man, CONTROL YOURSELF! 

know GIF

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had camel once, which was so tough you could smash a window with it.  

OK a bit weird, but what animals have you eaten was the conversation. 

Â