Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Friday 13th is considered unlucky because of organised assasinations all taking place on that day, sure it was the knights templar, a load of them were killed on the same day at the same time to stop word spreading and some of them fleeing 

or its because judas was the 13th guest at the last supper

or because in Norse mythology which predates the bible Loki was the 13th guest at a meal and plunged the world in to darkness (like I said in another thread if people were taught the links between various mythologies which are considered crazy and "new" religions then maybe they'd start to consider them crazy too...)

Read the tiger woods story in the paper, the police arrested him for DUI after stopping him, making him walk a line and turn and say the alphabet backwards, neither of which he could do

why don't they have breathalysers? 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Read the tiger woods story in the paper, the police arrested him for DUI after stopping him, making him walk a line and turn and say the alphabet backwards, neither of which he could do

He got 0.00 on 2 breathalysers.

18739913_1646709315358390_71724210531384

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I really hope I never get tested for that, I can't do it sober. I can get to 'Y' I think.

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I really hope I never get tested for that, I can't do it sober. I can get to 'Y' I think.

Seriously though.  I don't think I've ever had to do that.  I'd have to work it out on the fly, and if I'm being watched by someone who's already using confirmation bias then they'd definitely 'have seen enough' by about 'T'.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They need the space on their belts for guns to shoot black teenagers. Obvs.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

Seriously though.  I don't think I've ever had to do that.  I'd have to work it out on the fly, and if I'm being watched by someone who's already using confirmation bias then they'd definitely 'have seen enough' by about 'T'.

Just tried it.

I managed, but it's difficult. I went in groups of three, and while I was reciting I was thinking about what was coming next.

Don't think I'd be able to do it under pressure without taking some thinking pauses!

A Breath Test only tests for Alcohol right? if he was as they say but tested 0.00 do you not then test him for other "Medication"?

He seems to have been on something else, probably not the medication he claims.

On another note, I think you would know the difference between someone super pissed who cant say the alphabet backwards and someone just finding it difficult. 

Why the USA generally ignores (and most people outside the USA have never heard of ...) the 8 presidents that preceded George Washington (or 10 from here) just because they pre-date the constitution.  It was still "the United States of America" before the constitution and they were still elected "presidents".  Just with reduced levels of power etc.  Anyhoo.  Ho hum and all that.  I find it interesting.

(Samuel Huntington (03/1781-07/1781), Thomas McKean (07-1781-11/1781),) John Hanson (11/1781-82), Elias Boudinot (1782-83), Thomas Mifflin (1783-84), Richard Henry Lee (1784-85), John Hancock (1785-86), Nathan Gorman (1786-87), Arthur St. Clair (1787-88), and Cyrus Griffin (1788-89)

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Why the USA generally ignores (and most people outside the USA have never heard of ...) the 8 presidents that preceded George Washington (or 10 from here) just because they pre-date the constitution.  It was still "the United States of America" before the constitution and they were still elected "presidents".  Just with reduced levels of power etc.  Anyhoo.  Ho hum and all that.  I find it interesting.

Geek

(actually I found that interesting too...)

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I've heard of john hancock

if you ever hear the saying give us your John Hancock it means signature as he was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence 

Not quite true. It came from his signing it with an enormous signature :)

• Like 1

Â