The Darts Thread

Brumerican

16 :crylaugh:

Wasn't there a film with Robin Williams called Jack? Body of an 80 year old by the time he was twenty according to that ludicrous film. 

Should wish him well now I suppose, he'll be physically retired by next christmas

Amazing story, the double bull he threw yesterday was just taking the piss, and the attempted 180 when he only had 182 left, got balls of steel for a 16 year old.

£200,000 secured and a chance to increase it to £500k tonight, whether he looks 16 or 40 he’s going to be very popular in town on a Saturday night now.

Mental to think he could be doing this for the next 30+ years, that’s a whole heap of money right there for doing something you love and which frankly, you don’t need to adjust your lifestyle too much to accommodate.

All a bit dodgy for me his age. When he won the junior trophy he had a beard and moustache, he was just 15. He has a spare tyre like a 20 year old, mature well above his age, an even his Mrs is 21, going on 25.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Mental to think he could be doing this for the next 30+ years, that’s a whole heap of money right there for doing something you love and which frankly, you don’t need to adjust your lifestyle too much to accommodate.

Even a decent (top 16) darts player can earn a very good living. Fair play to them. 

I hope Humphries wins tonight though. Having a 16yo win, and destroy everyone would be a great story, but he'll have plenty of time in the future. 

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All a bit dodgy for me his age. When he won the junior trophy he had a beard and moustache, he was just 15. He has a spare tyre like a 20 year old, mature well above his age, an even his Mrs is 21, going on 25.

He'll be tucking into her kebab later. 

AMIRITE?!

Seriously, I think a 21yo girl 'dating' a 16yo boy is a bit weird. 

• Haha 1

Not to blow my own trumpet, but I have always been pretty good at darts, remember beating many adults as a lad. Had a dart board in my bedroom at my parents from about 12 and played nearly every night when I came home from school with my pals. I always remember, it's about playing with the right weight darts, Tungsten too, as they throw much better.

Might actually put my board up in my office, have a go, see if I have still got it, although will need need darts, as used to leave them at the local and they got knicked. 😆

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

AMIRITE?!

He's boxing well above his weight too, if you google her. 😉

Am watching the darts - I never do as it doesn't really appeal......the score announcer seems to be a parody of the role when calling out the big scores 🙄

15 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Am watching the darts - I never do as it doesn't really appeal......the score announcer seems to be a parody of the role when calling out the big scores 🙄

Half the time I'm like what the hell did he score, its just this loud noise that comes out 🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

21 hours ago, Xela said:

AMIRITE?!

Google images suggests she's the female version of Jocky Wilson. Match made in heaven 🥰

• Haha 1

I've never watched a game (match?) of darts in my life, fair play to the lad for getting so far, but I'm glad I'm not going to be seeing that chubby little word removed all over the news anymore for something that has as much sporting merit as a game of Buckaroo. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've never watched a game (match?) of darts in my life, fair play to the lad for getting so far, but I'm glad I'm not going to be seeing that chubby little word removed all over the news anymore for something that has as much sporting merit as a game of Buckaroo. 

They put him in the Premier League, which is a mini-competition containing the "eight best". I think it's a joke to be honest...lad had a couple of good weeks and they're capitalizing financially because of the whirlwind around him.

Â