Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with the above poster that Mat and Father Abraham are being used by the club as a smoke screen to make it look like we are out there searching when Hughes is sat there waiting

if you swap Hughes for Moyes I'd be more likely to agree ...

I have a hunch that Hughes isn't going far

But I don't think he wants to piss off half the supporter base though........found this from MM on 3rd May

'For what it is worth hearing from outside Villa from a decent source Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen would be very interested in talking to Villa if the opportunity arises'

I'd take Rafa, because I think his style would suit the personnel that will be (left) at our club.

He gained a lot of success with the 4231 formation at Liverpool, which was deployed quite narrowly. Not only would this suit Bent, but it would also cater towards the high number of Central midfielders we have at the club. Could imagine Makoun flourishing in the Xabi alonso role.

I agree with you for once!!

Ai, been a while!

I would love it if we got Benitez.

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

Champions League winner so hard to argue

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

Well here is one. I think we are too good for him

Based on what exactly?

Are we too good for Ferguson and Mourinho too?

Some on here didnt want Ancelotti!!!

Seriously there are some right head the balls on here pal!!! :)

I tend to agree with the above poster that Mat and Father Abraham are being used by the club as a smoke screen to make it look like we are out there searching when Hughes is sat there waiting

if you swap Hughes for Moyes I'd be more likely to agree ...

I have a hunch that Hughes isn't going far

why do you think its more likely we get an employed manager than one currently without a job?

if its not hughes ill eat my own face

1) Don't like the smarmy git

2) Lost the plot totally towards the end at Plop

3) Shit and got sacked in Italy

4) won the ECL with GH team

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there

6) Eventried to get him back but failed, he realised it was a mistake.

7) Still don't like him!

I'd take Rafa, because I think his style would suit the personnel that will be (left) at our club.

He gained a lot of success with the 4231 formation at Liverpool, which was deployed quite narrowly. Not only would this suit Bent, but it would also cater towards the high number of Central midfielders we have at the club. Could imagine Makoun flourishing in the Xabi alonso role.

This is the 4-2-3-1 system that Houllier played so successfully he had to revert to 4-4-2 to keep us in the PL? Add that to the Zonal Marking that Houllier refused to change until the summer (which Benitez also favours) and I really don't see how you come to that conclusion

Different system all together in my opinion.

The system used at Liverpool was a vary narrow continental style akin to how Germany played in the World Cup. 2 Dedicated sitting midfielders, which I believe we are more than capable of providing and 4 attackers who are all fairly dynamic in terms of being able to swap positions and get forward.

The proof was in the pudding for a season, though at the time Liverpool DID have one of the best Central Midfields in world football.

It is possible that M. Hughes walk out on Fulham knowing that what he did there would be hard to replicate next season, and that he feels that he's destined for bigger clubs. Craven Cottage does not really compare to Villa Park now does it. Wild guess; he's been groomed for the no. 2 position at Man United.

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there

7) Still don't like him!

Only a fool would seriously consider any of the above a genuine reason to not appoint a manager of Bentiez ability at Villa Park!

It’s absolutely f**kin ridiculous.

1) Don't like the smarmy git - it's not about who you want as your mate as i've said dozens of times already.

2) Lost the plot totally towards the end at Plop - the board were a nightmare liverpool fan's still love him.

3) Shit and got sacked in Italy - didn't have hardly any time but still won 2 cups. Look up what a winner is.

4) won the ECL with GH team - Still had to win regardless of who's team it was.

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there. - Nobody's perfect we don't know what happened there

6) Eventried to get him back but failed, he realised it was a mistake.- see above

7) Still don't like him! - see number 1

Who do you want btw?

7) Still don't like him!

Only a fool would seriously consider any of the above a genuine reason to not appoint a manager of Bentiez ability at Villa Park!

It’s absolutely f**kin ridiculous.

I think point number one on that list is the biggest reason for a lot of people which is stupid really.