Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I honestly think Mat Kendrick and Tim Abraham have been fed the line about McClaren to put them and the rest of the press of the scent, it seriously reminds of the Darren Bent deal.

I am convinced that is exactly what has happened.

If it is, then who is the mystery manager and will it be of Darren Bent proportions?

its hughes

im convinced its hughes

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think Mat Kendrick and Tim Abraham have been fed the line about McClaren to put them and the rest of the press of the scent, it seriously reminds of the Darren Bent deal.

I am convinced that is exactly what has happened.

If it is, then who is the mystery manager and will it be of Darren Bent proportions?

I honestly believe we are going to be in for a big surprise when the manager is announced.

Carlo it is. :)

Maybe :winkold:

And who gives a **** about the Liverpool connection? They are not our local rivals FFS.

Educate yourselves and don't take everything you hear from pundits as gospel.

How about you educate yourself and actually READ the reasons people have posted as to why they don't want Benitez. You clearly haven't done so far, not seen anybody mention "it's because he was Liverpool manager" and very few have mentioned "Barry Affair".

I'd take Rafa, because I think his style would suit the personnel that will be (left) at our club.

He gained a lot of success with the 4231 formation at Liverpool, which was deployed quite narrowly. Not only would this suit Bent, but it would also cater towards the high number of Central midfielders we have at the club. Could imagine Makoun flourishing in the Xabi alonso role.

I also agree, would go as far as saying that the Journos have probably simply been asked to report such things in exchange for insider information in the future.

Either that, or AVFC got pissed with Mat for releasing the details about Houllier early and have fed him a red herring in return.

Well MM did say that Villa weren't happy that the Houllier and Ancelotti stories were released prematurely.

Red herring = smoke and mirrors, which is exactly the term MM used. Some fans are so eager to moan about the board, that they miss what people are trying to say to them.

I repeat.. Just because we don't know what's going on.... doesn't mean nothing is going on!

I'd take Rafa, because I think his style would suit the personnel that will be (left) at our club.

He gained a lot of success with the 4231 formation at Liverpool, which was deployed quite narrowly. Not only would this suit Bent, but it would also cater towards the high number of Central midfielders we have at the club. Could imagine Makoun flourishing in the Xabi alonso role.

I agree with you for once!!

This is the 4-2-3-1 system that Houllier played so successfully he had to revert to 4-4-2 to keep us in the PL? Add that to the Zonal Marking that Houllier refused to change until the summer (which Benitez also favours) and I really don't see how you come to that conclusion

Hughes left as he had to OR sign a new deal. Fulham signed him on a 1 year contract and he is seeing that through. All this talk of it pissing off Randy because of the manner of his exit is pure bullexcrement.

The terms of the deal prevent Hughes talking to anyone else for 4 weeks. For him the worst case scenario is he remains unattached but knows he WILL get a job somewhere. FFS he ain't on his last million yet, imagine the pay off he got from Cittee!

I tend to agree with the above poster that Mat and Father Abraham are being used by the club as a smoke screen to make it look like we are out there searching when Hughes is sat there waiting until 1 July to take over. They don't want to end up[ having to pay out again if Fulham play up.

In terms of left field with premiership experience:

Ranieri, Shearer, Venables, Souness, Pearce, Zola, Vialli, Strachan or really off piste George Graham.

I think Ranieri would be better than Benitez and much more fun.

Scolari ? ....Any others ?

I would love it if we got Benitez.

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

I would love it if we got Benitez.

It would be a massive coup for the club if we got him here. I just think he is a little out of our league.

I really don’t think any Villa fan could have a serious objection to his appointment.

Well here is one. I think we are too good for him