Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think Mat Kendrick and Tim Abraham have been fed the line about McClaren to put them and the rest of the press of the scent, it seriously reminds of the Darren Bent deal.
Oh what, with Houllier coming out saying he's not going to buy any strikers and then BAM! Along comes Dazza and the rest is history. :)

I honestly think Mat Kendrick and Tim Abraham have been fed the line about McClaren to put them and the rest of the press of the scent, it seriously reminds of the Darren Bent deal.

I am convinced that is exactly what has happened.

If it is, then who is the mystery manager and will it be of Darren Bent proportions?

I also agree, would go as far as saying that the Journos have probably simply been asked to report such things in exchange for insider information in the future.

Either that, or AVFC got pissed with Mat for releasing the details about Houllier early and have fed him a red herring in return.

It's AMAZING how many people would prefer mediocre managers such as Hughes, Martinez, Coyle (LMAO) instead of Rafa!

The problem is these people listen to no-nothing pundits on Sky and MOTD and take what they say as gospel. According to them the mediocre bunch are great "up and coming" managers and that Rafa is a mug because he users zonal marking etc. Typical of British pundits to embrace mediocrity.

Sport is pretty simple. There are winners, and then there's the others. Rafa is a winner. It really is that simple. The anti-zonal marking thing is ridiculous, i'll informed and massively ignorant.

And who gives a **** about the Liverpool connection? They are not our local rivals FFS.

Educate yourselves and don't take everything you hear from pundits as gospel.

I don't particularly like the way Benitez has conducted himself in the past, but for me he is on another level to the likes of Martinez, Coyle, Hughes etc.

The ideal (fantasy) choice would have been Ancelotti. My personal favourite is Moyes. However, as they appear to be non-starters, it's Rafa for me - he's got the best credentials out of the remaining candidates, despite his recent history being scarred somewhat

And who gives a **** about the Liverpool connection? They are not our local rivals FFS.

Sure we all will when he applauds the Kop and tells us if he had to lose to someone, he's happy it was Liverpool ;)

If it is, then who is the mystery manager and will it be of Darren Bent proportions?

I honestly believe we are going to be in for a big surprise when the manager is announced.

I just think they're feeding the McLaren line, which most of the press have picked up on now. Just think they know more than they're letting on in my opinion.

Bookies, Talkshite, why even mention them. One reacts to betting patterns the other talks utter nonsense to get you to phone in and rant. Ignore them, useless indicators of anything

I honestly believe we are going to be in for a big surprise when the manager is announced.

Carlo it is. :)

I also agree, would go as far as saying that the Journos have probably simply been asked to report such things in exchange for insider information in the future.

Either that, or AVFC got pissed with Mat for releasing the details about Houllier early and have fed him a red herring in return.

Well MM did say that Villa weren't happy that the Houllier and Ancelotti stories were released prematurely.