Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Rafa's legacy my arse....the only reason the fat spanish clearing in the woods never got the bullet earlier, was that you had to pay off all his mates ...BTW how many of Rafa's legacy are still employed.

It doesn't matter to me whether Rafa is your next manager or not.

I'm just giving you my interpretation so you can make an informed judgment.

Take it or leave it.

For the record, none of Rafa's mates are at Liverpool anymore and neither is the management team that sacked them.

So are you saying you would have Rafa back?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt if we will have a new manager in for at least a week. Lerner and the Genral have to interview them. Whoever comes in, has to beleive in Lerner's philosophy and be able to work with the General.

It doesn't matter what we think. It's Randy's call.

I wish I could block out all the press crap and all the bookies odds for the next week. I will support whoever Randy employs. He is the boss. As for the players, they work for the manager and should respect that and do their best to pay back their handsome salaries for our beloved club and the supporters.

I have had enough of some of our supposed players who are overpaid and who diss our club by trying to use player power to diss the manager and who can't be arsed to earn their keep.

Nuff said and UTV and here is hoping for a great season next year.

I am trying to figure out who could be selected. Some reports said Ancelotti has been aproached by Villa and has 48 hours (sat/sun) to decide if he is interested.

There has not been much news (if any recently) of David Moyes, One thing I remember is that shortly before Houllier was appointed there was not much (if any) news on Houllier.....Does this say anything ?

After I emailed PF about Moyes an Ancelotti, I had a reply thanking me and that ''my ideas have been noted'' ....Does this say anything ?

I subsequently replied back asking for RL to read my email.

I am just trying to 'read between the lines' on certain things.

Then again are any other ex chelsea managers in contention...?...Scolari or Ranieri..?

Hopefully we can 'get our heads together' between us and hopefully try and work out who will be our next manager.

Reading 'between the lines' it was a thanks for the email, but leave us to it. Nice you got a reply though :D

Inspector Clueso is on the case!!

Don't you just love Steve_avfc enthusiam

Why is betting suspended on 'next villa manager' on paddypower?

:detect:

That's a bit mysterious.

I vaguely remember just before Houllier was appointed, the odds on him were not too high and I can't remember him being favourite odds. So, do bookies odds mean anything or give an indication who could be appointed ??

Why is betting suspended on 'next villa manager' on paddypower?

:detect:

That's a bit mysterious.

I vaguely remember just before Houllier was appointed, the odds on him were not too high and I can't remember him being favourite odds. So, do bookies odds mean anything or give an indication who could be appointed ??

isn't it the same every night ???

I am trying to figure out who could be selected. Some reports said Ancelotti has been aproached by Villa and has 48 hours (sat/sun) to decide if he is interested.

There has not been much news (if any recently) of David Moyes, One thing I remember is that shortly before Houllier was appointed there was not much (if any) news on Houllier.....Does this say anything ?

After I emailed PF about Moyes an Ancelotti, I had a reply thanking me and that ''my ideas have been noted'' ....Does this say anything ?

Then again are any other ex chelsea managers in contention...?...Scolari or Ranieri..?

Hopefully we can 'get our heads together' between us and hopefully try and work out who will be our next manager.

Any ideas anyone ??

thing is Randy is a bit of an unknown. His only appointment was made at a very difficult time to get managers - so we have no track record to speak off.

if he goes for people who have won things - then Jol/Benitez/Ancellotti fit the bill.

if he wants someone who has managed a club like villa then hughes/moyes spring to mind

if he wants an up and coming then Coyle/Martinez/Lambert could be in with a shout.

if he has gone barmy then Mclaren has a chance.

My reasons for not wanting him are simple - I think he wasted a hell of a lot of money on some shoddy players and I don't like the way his teams play. I can't say I have much time for Liverpool, but the way he had them set up was a disgrace to their traditions. I didn't like watching our direct counter attacking under MON and fear it would be a return to that under Rafa. And God help us if he introduced zonal marking - like we don't leak enough goals already.

I think betting usually closes over-night for things like this. Could be wrong though.

You're right, it's completely normal for the markets to close, bookies protecting themselves.

Reading 'between the lines' it was a thanks for the email, but leave us to it. Nice you got a reply though :D

I just feel like waliking into the Villa board room and TELLING them to get Moyes or Ancelotti and to do whatever it takes to get one of them....the email I sent is the nearest thing, at least they read it. :):D

Absolutely mate. Steve should keep the emails coming until PF gives him what he wants!! :lol:

My reasons for not wanting him are simple - I think he wasted a hell of a lot of money on some shoddy players and I don't like the way his teams play. I can't say I have much time for Liverpool, but the way he had them set up was a disgrace to their traditions. I didn't like watching our direct counter attacking under MON and fear it would be a return to that under Rafa. And God help us if he introduced zonal marking - like we don't leak enough goals already.

This!

Hope to god it's not Rafa.

I don't get this he got rid of the academy? It was actually Houllier who did that and now Liverpool have some great Youth coming through!

Nobody got rid of the academy - it just hadn't produced anybody of note since Steven Gerrard.

Then Rafa appointed the same guys who helped to develop Messi, Iniesta et al and abracadabra...

I don't think your youngsters had much of a chance looking at the number of foreign players Houllier and Benitez brought in between them. They had about as much chance at Liverpool as our lads under MON. MON **** off, and oh, guess what. A whole clutch of kids make the step up to first team football. Suprise, suprise.

You might have a point. I doubt Rafa would have used these kids to the same extent Kenny has. But he never got a chance to so who knows.

Absolutely mate. Steve should keep the emails coming until PF gives him what he wants!! :lol:

It's what I want but looking at the poll, is it a case of it's what WE want ?? :D

I think betting usually closes over-night for things like this. Could be wrong though.

Yes - for example if a longshot - say Owen Coyle came out (in the next couple of hours) and said he was going to be the next villa manager - you would still be able to get 20/1 - on a dead cert