Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I'm a little confused.

There was a time when I had an intense dislike of Rafa Benitez. He wanted our player and took on our manager (and lost I seem to recall).

However his record at getting football teams to win football matches is superb. He's a massive name within the game, having won La Liga (twice) with Valencia in a league that is generally considered a two horse race, the Champions League with a Liverpool side that contained Djimi Traore at left back and reaching another final, which earned him a spot at Inter Milan of all places, possibly the 4th biggest job in world football.

There's a chance this guy might be managing Aston Villa. **** me. Brilliant news.

The problem is?

Left probably a worse Liverpool side behind than he inherited.

Made a complete mess at Inter - albiet Mourinho tough act to follow - but did you not see the Inter V Spurs games? Rafa excelled himself there in tactical crapness.

His CV is undeniably decent and anyone whos won a champions league has managerial calbire but hes been on the wane in recent years.

His liverpool side were awful to watch , his transfer record was pretty embarrasing , the sheer number of players he went through is quite astounshing he seems to alienate ppl - including hes beloved Stevie G in gthe end.

Screams bad fit to me.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused.

There was a time when I had an intense dislike of Rafa Benitez. He wanted our player and took on our manager (and lost I seem to recall).

However his record at getting football teams to win football matches is superb. He's a massive name within the game, having won La Liga (twice) with Valencia in a league that is generally considered a two horse race, the Champions League with a Liverpool side that contained Djimi Traore at left back and reaching another final, which earned him a spot at Inter Milan of all places, possibly the 4th biggest job in world football.

There's a chance this guy might be managing Aston Villa. **** me. Brilliant news.

The problem is?

At last a little sense :D

My reasons for not wanting him are simple - I think he wasted a hell of a lot of money on some shoddy players and I don't like the way his teams play. I can't say I have much time for Liverpool, but the way he had them set up was a disgrace to their traditions. I didn't like watching our direct counter attacking under MON and fear it would be a return to that under Rafa. And God help us if he introduced zonal marking - like we don't leak enough goals already.

This!

Hope to god it's not Rafa.

As a lifelong villa fan living amongst 3 generations of Liverpool fans in my family, I can honestly say I'd actually be happy with anyone EXCEPT Benitez!! I had to put up with non stop moaning about his ridiculous transfers, dreary style of football, poor man management and total disregard for the club's youth system.

Somebody said in an earlier post that despite what he's achieved in some seasons, he would just be a very bad fit for villa.

Whatever you think of MON, I'd hope you'd agree that he did build a very good foundation for this club considering where we were before. What we need now is someone who can further build on it and take us to the next level, not tear it to bits and begin from scratch on a new 5 year plan...

I'm a little confused.

The problem is?

Left probably a worse Liverpool side behind than he inherited.

Made a complete mess at Inter - albiet Mourinho tough act to follow - but did you not see the Inter V Spurs games? Rafa excelled himself there in tactical crapness.

His CV is undeniably decent and anyone whos won a champions league has managerial calbire but hes been on the wane in recent years.

His liverpool side were awful to watch , his transfer record was pretty embarrasing , the sheer number of players he went through is quite astounshing he seems to alienate ppl - including hes beloved Stevie G in gthe end.

Screams bad fit to me.

Yes.

Liverpool - Took them out of their top 4 spot

Inter - Would have took them out of their top 4 spot if he had stayed the full season. Didn't even beat Tottenham in the group stages

He would probably relegate us given the chance.

Still nothing concrete though in the Daily Mail story , it says he will be interviewed but no quotes to make you think it could happen.

The headline is a bit deceiving, saying he is close to joining and then saying who we have been linked with

I'm a little confused.

The problem is?

He's a fat, Spanish waiter? :?:

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

He is a Fat Spanish Waiter. Until the day he becomes our manager, then all I'm looking at is his CV and wondering whether he can reproduce that for Aston Villa.

There are 289 people who want ancellotti. How many supporters are there in this world and what percentage is 289 of that.

Does anybody really think that Randy is going to listen to 616 votes on this Forum. I think not. So everybody chill out and wait to see who we get. A bit like waiting for your christmas presents :-) :flag:

There are 289 people who want ancellotti. How many supporters are there in this world and what percentage is 289 of that.

Does anybody really think that Randy is going to listen to 616 votes on this Forum. I think not. So everybody chill out and wait to see who we get. A bit like waiting for your christmas presents :-) :flag:

:D Would he have 'listened' to my email ? :lol::D:lol:

How reliable is Daily Heil as a source for football?

Not very.

One of their writers Neil Moxley was adamant yesterday that Ancelotti wasn't interested....next day they print that he will join this week!!