Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to figure out who could be selected. Some reports said Ancelotti has been aproached by Villa and has 48 hours (sat/sun) to decide if he is interested.

There has not been much news (if any recently) of David Moyes, One thing I remember is that shortly before Houllier was appointed there was not much (if any) news on Houllier.....Does this say anything ?

After I emailed PF about Moyes an Ancelotti, I had a reply thanking me and that ''my ideas have been noted'' ....Does this say anything ?

I subsequently replied back asking for RL to read my email.

I am just trying to 'read between the lines' on certain things.

Then again are any other ex chelsea managers in contention...?...Scolari or Ranieri..?

Hopefully we can 'get our heads together' between us and hopefully try and work out who will be our next manager.

Reading 'between the lines' it was a thanks for the email, but leave us to it. Nice you got a reply though :D

Inspector Clueso is on the case!!

Don't you just love Steve_avfc enthusiam

Absolutely mate. Steve should keep the emails coming until PF gives him what he wants!! :lol:

Go Steve fire a few more emails off. Ask PF if he can give us the nod a few hours beofre so we can get down to the bookies :winkold:

I'm a little confused.

There was a time when I had an intense dislike of Rafa Benitez. He wanted our player and took on our manager (and lost I seem to recall).

However his record at getting football teams to win football matches is superb. He's a massive name within the game, having won La Liga (twice) with Valencia in a league that is generally considered a two horse race, the Champions League with a Liverpool side that contained Djimi Traore at left back and reaching another final, which earned him a spot at Inter Milan of all places, possibly the 4th biggest job in world football.

There's a chance this guy might be managing Aston Villa. **** me. Brilliant news.

The problem is?

I'm a little confused.

There was a time when I had an intense dislike of Rafa Benitez. He wanted our player and took on our manager (and lost I seem to recall).

However his record at getting football teams to win football matches is superb. He's a massive name within the game, having won La Liga (twice) with Valencia in a league that is generally considered a two horse race, the Champions League with a Liverpool side that contained Djimi Traore at left back and reaching another final, which earned him a spot at Inter Milan of all places, possibly the 4th biggest job in world football.

There's a chance this guy might be managing Aston Villa. **** me. Brilliant news.

The problem is?

He's a fat, Spanish waiter? :?:

I just think we need to be ready for disappointment that is all.
I hope not...We've had enough disapointment.

Look at this way anyone but Ancelotti will have the majority of us disappointed looking at the votes.

Signing Ancelotti is not going to be easy, it is possible but the risks to the club are great in terms of finances, He might not want to work under the restrictions we have in place at the moment due to our high wage budget. Plus we are not in Europe and finished 9th last season

I think some people have set their bar so high they will most likely be disappointed we may need to be realistic

I am trying to figure out who could be selected. Some reports said Ancelotti has been aproached by Villa and has 48 hours (sat/sun) to decide if he is interested.

There has not been much news (if any recently) of David Moyes, One thing I remember is that shortly before Houllier was appointed there was not much (if any) news on Houllier.....Does this say anything ?

After I emailed PF about Moyes an Ancelotti, I had a reply thanking me and that ''my ideas have been noted'' ....Does this say anything ?

I subsequently replied back asking for RL to read my email.

I am just trying to 'read between the lines' on certain things.

Then again are any other ex chelsea managers in contention...?...Scolari or Ranieri..?

Hopefully we can 'get our heads together' between us and hopefully try and work out who will be our next manager.

Reading 'between the lines' it was a thanks for the email, but leave us to it. Nice you got a reply though :D

Inspector Clueso is on the case!!

Don't you just love Steve_avfc enthusiam

Absolutely mate. Steve should keep the emails coming until PF gives him what he wants!! :lol:

Go Steve fire a few more emails off. Ask PF if he can give us the nod a few hours beofre so we can get down to the bookies :winkold:

:lol: I'd love to but I'd rather ask him personally to his face :lol: I've met him and he is a really good, friendly, cheerful, down to earth bloke. :D

wohooooooooooooooo

Daily mail says its Ancelotti next week !

Yeah, I've just read that on Newsnow. Let's hope for once in their miserable existance they actually get something correct!!

its all down to steves email !