Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Coyle, Lambert, Poyet would jump at the chance to manage Aston Villa and all are gettable.

Lambert has committed to Norwich, Coyle may jump and Poyet would be a huge gamble. I would definitely talk with Rijkaard if he wants the job but the list isnt great is it?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rijkaard is said to have knocked our door and shown interest in the job.. Its a no brainer if you ask me..
Looks like the manager is sorted then...what shall we talk about now?

Rijkaard is said to have knocked our door and shown interest in the job.. Its a no brainer if you ask me..

A no brainer as in we shouldn't go anywhere near him?

Apart from Barca, where he had some incredible players, he's never done a good job as a manager. Most of his good work at Barca also came with Henk ten Cate at his side.

Do not want him here.

Apart from Barca, where he had some incredible players, he's never done a good job as a manager. Most of his good work at Barca also came with Henk ten Cate at his side.

Do not want him here.

He is the manager, if you want Villa to go forward..Turned Barca into the team they are today. Done a great job with the Netherlands and improved Galatasary's finishing possition on the season before, despite the lack of funds and having Turkish players to try and adapt to his style of play.

He will turn us into a top 4 club in under 2 seasons if he was appointed. I think he would be loyal too. Another Barca in the making.

so Jol has gone! Well what are we left with? Hmmm? Not looking good a the moment and as for saying that we wont be rushed, well I am afraid we should be rushing. I bet we will get Hughes now.

This is turning into a bit of a joke really, I mean Hughes only resigned last week and they have a new manager and not a bad appointment either!

Can the mods please put Steve Maclarens name into the swear filter?

Do not want him here.

He is the manager, if you want Villa to go forward..Turned Barca into the team they are today. Done a great job with the Netherlands and improved Galatasary's finishing possition on the season before, despite the lack of funds and having Turkish players to try and adapt to his style of play.

He will turn us into a top 4 club in under 2 seasons if he was appointed. I think he would be loyal too. Another Barca in the making.

How did he turn Barca into the team they are today? His side was on the way down when he was there.

like last season, they'll probably wait untill the transfer window has closed and unveil someone who was available all along. wouldnt suprise me at all.

Which part of that ridiculus statement was 'like last season'?

Do not want him here.

How did he turn Barca into the team they are today? His side was on the way down when he was there.

He was the manager that brought through the kids to play alongside experianced players like Deco and Ronaldinho. The style he brought in is still similar to how they play today. Barca hadnt won anything in 6-7 years prior to his arrival.. He basically moved them forward and got the kids playing very decent football in his mindset.. Pretty much what we could do with at Villa.

Can you imagine Delph, Bannan, Albrighton under him when he has the connections to bring in a couple of experianced quality players in too? It wouldnt be far off the situation when he took over Barca..