dudevillaisnice

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We were able to spend every year when we went down to at least try and make us compeititve. It all depends on how much the EFL let them negotiate any debts . How much Moshiri has left to spend with Usimanov not contributing any more. It all depends on whether they have a cost plus 5% deal set in stone for the stadium or whether the huge inflation will add another 200 mill to their stadium cost . The way they have been run you wouldnt bet against them screwing up the contract would you. 

Theres not too much left to base the championship team around if you sell the assets like Onana and Pickford. It will be their youth plus players like Tarkowski i guess if he is willing to stay. 

They will come back up but the negativity around the finances and a wholesale change of playing staff needed could create a pressure that isnt ideal when trying to get promoted.  Might take a while longer than they hope. Like happened to us  

Its why small well run clubs manage to get into the prem.  They dont have premier league infrastructure that is a huge drain in the championship.  Stewards cost the same. Employees cost the same. Heating costs the same etc

Yeah but most of the money we spent was spent poorly anyway, but we were always able to attract better players (e.g. Abraham and Mings). That said Everton don't have an emerging world class talent like we did in Grealish.

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Barring a catastrophic financial crisis (which is of course very possible), they'll come back up within a few years like we did. They're too big to stay down there for any prolonged period of time.

We literally had a one in a million get out when 2 billionaires decided to buy us from nowhere.

We should have went bust.

29 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Barring a catastrophic financial crisis (which is of course very possible), they'll come back up within a few years like we did. They're too big to stay down there for any prolonged period of time.

I think they are more likely to do a second relegation like Sunderland than come straight back up

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We literally had a one in a million get out when 2 billionaires decided to buy us from nowhere.

We should have went bust.

This is the same thing Everton could get. It's not that shocking. A club with long history,  large stadium (in our case with lots of heritage, in theirs being brand spanking new), and a massive fan base that can potentially return a profit on investment if it gets back in to the PL.

They'll be for sale for peanuts compared with the potential upside, but it's a risky purchase. Someone out there will see then as a bargain though.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

This is the same thing Everton could get. It's not that shocking. A club with long history,  large stadium (in our case with lots of heritage, in there's being brand spanking new), and a massive fan base that can potentially return a profit on investment if it gets back in to the PL.

They'll be for sale for peanuts compared with the potential upside, but it's a risky purchase. Someone out there will see then as a bargain though.

That's the problem. "A bargain" like Dr Tony or any other charlatan looking for a quick return to the PL and some parachute money.

Good owners are so hard to find.

With the parachutes now and the disparity between the PL and Championship you have to be really useless to not bounce back....but Everton if they go down and get twitchy and sack Dyche could be a massive amount of trouble.

The whole place stinks.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Show me comments when anyone has said he will be a "saviour" ?

Maybe not 'saviour' but this fella below seemed optimistic about him :P

On 14/01/2023 at 16:48, Demitri_C said:

Dyche is a good fit for them i think

On 23/01/2023 at 10:50, Demitri_C said:

Lamps is toast.  I reckon he ends up in acotland or in championship somewhere 

It will be dyche taking over  safe pair of hands. Exactly what they need

I'm another that hopes the Toffees can stay up. When I was a nipper in the 60s, they were a big deal with some iconic players like Alan Ball, Colin Harvey, Brian Labone et al. Before I had the pleasure of going down the Villa when I was 9yo in the 69/70 season, I followed their results, along with those of the local clubs, and when WBA beat them in the 68 cup final, I was gutted, so much so, I asked my old man for an Everton shirt, which Santa forgot to deliver! Dad evidently wasn't impressed, but I continued to follow them, up until Villa v Hull in September 1969, when the inevitable happened. Hooked. 

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

There we’re literally some on this very forum looking him to replace Gerrard 🤣

tbh, most of us thought that was about the best we could hope for under the circumstances. The only priority was avoiding relegation. Nobody could have forseen what was about to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

People said that about us and we took 3 years

To be fair though we went down after having one of the worst Premier League campaigns of all time and then spent horribly in the summer. Not saying Everton won't have issues but not hard to imagine them doing a Newcastle and walking it either.

Â