dudevillaisnice

Rodwell always seems to be injured. Hope he doesn't become very injury prone for Englands sake.

The only reason he was out for so long at the start of the season was cos one of your players basically stood on his ankle... :(

I really doubted Rodwell when he first came onto the scene, thought it was laughable he was being linked with United and Chelsea. I admit I was very, very wrong about him. The lad is going to be brilliant.

If I'm honest, I was disappointed with his progress this season until a few weeks ago when he really just kicked on, playing just off Saha, he was thriving. He's got everything a top player needs now and rarely you see a player so young so composed on the ball.

We got another similar player who's a few years younger, rated just as highly (if not more) than Jack, called Ross Barkley. Unfortunately he's been out since October with a triple leg break (again, caused on international duty :( ).

Rodwell is certainly a talent. He's a moron if he goes to United though, they don't need him and Everton do. No-brainer. Bit like us and Albrighton in all honesty. I wouldn't sell him to anyone for anything. No point.

If I played for Everton I'd want to leave, got to be honest. Just not to go the Man Utd.

AG, how are the fans with David Moyes at the moment? Last time I was home some of my mates were hating some of the football. Has this changed since Saha scored a few?

I want to play regular football if I was a kid like Rodwell. They have Anderson, Carrick blah blah blah. He wouldn't get that many games. He'd be an idiot to go.

I feel for Everton. I know it doesn't work like this but of all the teams, they deserve a few quid just to see what Moyes would do with it. But as a player there, I would be getting frustrated that because of the purse strings, this is maybe (but not definitely) as far as the club can go without a takeover. You get the impression everyone from the owner to the tealady is waiting for a billionaire to come along.

No I think the clock is ticking on his time there and I think he could walk this summer, if he does I can see him leaving without a job to go to rather than leaving for another job. He looks like a man who has had enough to me and I can't say I blame him for whatever reason Everton seem unable to find investors and he can't continue to fight against the tide.

If he does go Everton will find it impossible to replace him and will struggle in his absence both on the pitch and off it to hold onto their star names.

Is there not a rumour that he turned us down in August.

If he leaves be interesting where he goes. Maybe if they stay up West Ham might go for him or he could take a year off and go Spurs in 2012 if Arry gets England job

Would people take him here because obviously for the most part, he's done a great job but that doesn't hide the fact, as a manager, he hasn't got the results this season.

Yes, one poor season dosen't alter the fact he twice finished fifth when we finished 6th under MON with a far smaller budget.

Everton lack a Bent really, obviously Saha is there but he's only really started scoring these last few weeks and is now injured again.

I do think they play much better football than a few years back when they were pretty much long ball.

Not sure why Jagielka isn't starting much at the moment, Hettinga isn't much cop.

Investing in the future

Though it does kind of wipe out their summer transfer budget!!

Shrews starlet set for Toffees

Shrewsbury starlet Mason Springthorpe has revealed that he is set to sign for Everton.

The 16-year-old goalkeeper has already been involved with the Shrews' first-team squad, although he has not featured.

Now Everton are set to win the chase for the keeper, who has already been likened to former Shrewsbury ace and now England number one, Joe Hart.

"There were a number of the top clubs chasing me - I feel blown away," Springthorpe confirmed.

"It's a big step for me, but what an opportunity this is.

"Everton are an ambitious club who offer a real chance to come through the ranks and into the first team, like Jack Rodwell and Jose Baxter."

Price tag

Everton are reportedly set to pay and initial £125,000 to land Springthorpe.

"The price tag means nothing to me," he added.

"The regime at Everton will be something else, but if that's what it takes to get to the next level then I'll grab it with both hands.

"I'll work hard, always give my all, and never give up."

I feel for Everton. I know it doesn't work like this but of all the teams, they deserve a few quid just to see what Moyes would do with it. But as a player there, I would be getting frustrated that because of the purse strings, this is maybe (but not definitely) as far as the club can go without a takeover. You get the impression everyone from the owner to the tealady is waiting for a billionaire to come along.

Thing is though BOF, he has had money.

30m from Rooney

24m from Lescott

(Obv hes had to sell to to get it but hes still spent). Even the Everton fans are starting to see it.

For every Cahill, theres a Per Kroldrup - 6m, Yakubu 11m (on loan at Leicester) Fellaini - 15m????????????????

Hes pissed a lot of it up the wall.

Not that good. V Overated.

Â