dudevillaisnice

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Levy wouldn't wave that clause even if it was for only £10, let alone £10m.

Well currently everyone in this party is losing on this deal. Dele doesn't play and watches his career die, Spurs don't see a button and Everton pay a salary of a player they can't really afford to play.

Football is **** shit. Write off the clause

• Like 2

Trouble is, if, as he stated in that podcast, he's just slapped a brave face on, all Spurs saw was a player woefully out of form, who they could still ship out and make a few quid off of.

Someone can ask you a thousand times if you are OK and you can tell them a thousand and one times that you are and even if they don't believe you, what can they do until you personally open up. Trust me, he'd have wanted to tell them but you make yourself believe everything is OK, that is when the mental health starts to become a major problem. 

When I gambled, the last 6-8 weeks of it, I'd tie it in with drinking. I knew I had a massive problem that was destroying me, but then I'd glug a bottle of red, which would make me feel a bit pissed and help to mask everything. It sounds like he did that with the pills, they probably helped surpress certain feelings and made him, just for a few hours a day, feel like he could deal with it. 

The sexual abuse thing is awful and something I'm not sure how you come to terms with. His mum was supposed to protect him at that age, yet it happened and for him to carry that all this time must be harrowing. 

Football and money should be irrelevant at this time but it sounds to me like he needs a focus and he's lucky at the age he is, football can still give him that. If I was Spurs, the best thing they could do is waive any money owed to them, so he can start a fresh and rebuild himself. 

• Like 1

All started to fall apart when his partner dumped him. He then blew a million quid trying to get a record company started with Lingard and then his clothing brand didn't really take off either. I feel sympathy, but he should have kept his mind on his football, the thing that got him out of the mess. As for turning up for his first day at Everton in a £300k RollsRoyce, dosn't really come across as someone who's grounded.

I'm finding it hard to give the sympathy this boy may deserve, most don't have a way out, he had it, the million pound footballing career everyone dreams of, an he blew it, now he expresses this torment cause he's career is as good as finished!

• Like 1

I think it seemed pretty obvious that he was going through some issues (I was thinking some kind of family issue, but I'd never have guessed it was something to that extent). But of course he'd been getting lambasted in the media both traditional and social with the typical boomer take of "the money has gotten to him".

Some things are bigger and more important than football. These people who kick a ball around for our entertainment are also human beings. They're not immune to human emotions just because they make £100k/week, and I think the discourse that surrounds the game often forgets this.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

We looked pretty decent today, but I can't believe how utterly non-competitive that game was. Everton look absolutely flat and a complete mess. They are definitely in the conversation based on that performance.

When is Pickford gonna get called out for his aggressive and dangerous attempts to play the man in one on one type situations?

Destroyed van Dijk’s knee a couple of years ago and nearly did the same to Watkins last season(?) and nearly knocked his block off today. It’s his moronic starfish style attack leap which does it- I’ve not seen any other goalkeeper come close to injuring other players that badly

• Like 4

They must hate us.

We went down, nearly went out of business, but are now light years ahead of them. They need to start from scratch. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

They must hate us.

We went down, nearly went out of business, but are now light years ahead of them. They need to start from scratch. 

Spoke to one last weekend at a wedding, he's convinced the stadium will save them, wouldn't have it any other way

Deluded

They've convinced themselves it's the root of their problems

• Haha 1

Disgraceful from them. Absolutely disgusting performance.

Dyche has his limitations but my God. When you get that level of effort from players what are you meant to do.

They could finish bottom below Luton and Sheff Utd.

Â