dudevillaisnice

Just now, Davkaus said:

Considering how confident people were that Howe was a disaster as manager, him overtaking us with a weaker squad, considering the headstart Gerrard had,  should probably raise some questions. 

Absolutely - he's certainly proved me wrong and a fair few others on here too. Howe has 100% been the better appointment of the two so far

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Considering how confident people were that Howe was a disaster as manager, him overtaking us with a weaker squad, considering the headstart Gerrard had,  should probably raise some questions. 

You would hope it would raise plenty before the summer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair Newcastle breaking the record for January spending probably had something to do with it... 

Plus then the mental side of it all, they had the negativity of Bruceball and Ashley making them worse than they were followed by the buzz around the place making them better than they are followed by a rebalancing 

Then throw in the dross down there not pulling clear despite Newcastle being shit and they've stayed up, lucky bastards 

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I love to see them go down but I still think they might some how pox their way out of it. 

tonight was an absolutely massive game and they lost from a winning position. this would've hurt big time. they would need to beat utd at the weekend to have a chance IMO

• Like 1

Aside from Dan Burn and Targett their next signings actually haven't played much. Chris Wood is miles worse fit for their team than Wilson upfront aswell so they're actually weaker in final third than start of season.

Howe's done well but no doubt they'll have expectations of top half next season and he'll come under pressure if they're only 13th-14th this time next year.

Relegation is tough for any team, but given their financial issues and wage bill I can’t help feeling that of all the teams in mix, relegation would hurt Everton the most. 

It sounds dramatic but if they go they could do a Leeds/Sunderland. 

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

time will tell. they had a terrible manager, terrible owner, and terrible squad. howe might be an upgrade on bruce but he wont take them to where they want to go

his transfer record is shocking. watch them spunk shedloads on utter dross

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Relegation is tough for any team, but given their financial issues and wage bill I can’t help feeling that of all the teams in mix, relegation would hurt Everton the most. 

It sounds dramatic but if they go they could do a Leeds/Sunderland. 

wouldn't go that far, but definitely wont be bouncing straight back up

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

time will tell. they had a terrible manager, terrible owner, and terrible squad. howe might be an upgrade on bruce but he wont take them to where they want to go

his transfer record is shocking. watch them spunk shedloads on utter dross

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they sack him at the end of the season tbh

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Laughing at a wildly successful midfielder’s failing coaching career would be so much sweeter if we didn’t have our own version in the dugout.

Bizarre post.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We’ve only lost two games less than Everton 😭

Good news is that’s an incorrect statement.

Bad news is that only grammatically, not statistically. We’ve actually only lost two games fewer than Everton. 😀

• Haha 1

Relegation is what they need. Kinda like us. Provided they can survive it financially, they can clear the deadwood, come back up and rebuild. They’re miles off of being a PL team and have so much old overpaid shite in there who aren’t fighting for the club. It’s like looking in a mirror from a few years ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Good news is that’s an incorrect statement.

Bad news is that only grammatically, not statistically. We’ve actually only lost two games fewer than Everton. 😀

That’s why I’m a finance guy and not allowed near anything to do with the written word.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Relegation is what they need. Kinda like us. Provided they can survive it financially, they can clear the deadwood, come back up and rebuild. They’re miles off of being a PL team and have so much old overpaid shite in there who aren’t fighting for the club. It’s like looking in a mirror from a few years ago. 

Relegation is a pretty bad way to rebuild a side. We were just lucky we were bought out by wealthy benefactors. 

• Like 4

Â