Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Stated it just before the January window that we needed to sign another striker in case Bent picked up this kind of injury. We didn't and now we're left with an unfit Gabby, a youngster who didn't exactly set the Championship alight and of course Heskey, to score us the goals that will secure Premiership status.

We also have a manager who has a track record of relegations and has the look of a rabbit in the headlights. Couple that with losing Dunne and we are now in real trouble with the run of fixtures coming up.

The club is in a real mess and i lay the blame soley with our chairman. He chose a second rate manager when better managers were available and decided on cutting the wage bill instead of firstly funding quality replacements for those that were sold.

Its not just AM thats taking us down, it the whole fooking board!

Let's face it, Bent's goals made a difference to us at the back end of last season. Anyone thinking we won't miss him is taking this far too lightly imo. Gabby looked miles off being fit on Saturday and wasn't looking too great before he was out injured! Weimann could be anything but it's a lot to ask him to come in and fill the boots of an £18m striker. The Fonz has never filled me with the idea he could be top level and Heskey is just Heskey. How can you ever rely on him to get goals?

This will just make McLeish be even more defensive now. His excuses are all in place and we will now be a team set on trying not to lose and we will be more boring than ever to watch. I am dreading the remainder of this season.

yeah, last matches of the season will be painfully dull - lots of draws and no goals, some losses, maybe one more win. And excuse central for all at the top to hide behind with contemptible dismissiveness.

still vamos emile heskey, lets see what you can do!

Could be a blessing, we are a better team with Gabby up front on his own ... this suits the negative crappy anti football tactics of the manager which may be his 'Get out of jail free' card this season ... let's hope anyway for our PL status's sake.

Could be a blessing

Don't let Mantis hear you say that - without Darren Bent, we are nothing.

I never actually said that. :? I'm just of the opinion that losing your top scorer for the rest of the season can never be a blessing. I don't know what's got into people. Would losing Given be a blessing?

Could be a blessing

Don't let Mantis hear you say that - without Darren Bent, we are nothing.

I never actually said that. :? I'm just of the opinion that losing your top scorer for the rest of the season can never be a blessing. I don't know what's got into people. Would losing Given be a blessing?

I'm only joking :)

I'd much rather have DB in the side than not

There's only one side I can see being played now...

----------------Given------------------

-Hutton--Collins--Cellular--Warnock

-----------Petrov----Gardner---------

-Albrighton----Ireland------N'Zogbia

-----------------Gabby----------------

Unless he keeps Charles on the bench, plays Gabby out wide and Heskey upfront.. which is entirely possible... ****.

To all those who said bent was lazy, missed easy chances and waste of space, I hop you are happy now. The club is in the biggest mess since 1987.

Don’t think anyone is happy, not necessarily singing the praises of Bent, doesn’t equate to being happy. Its a massive blow.

There's only one side I can see being played now...

----------------Given------------------

-Hutton--Collins--Cellular--Warnock

-----------Petrov----Gardner---------

-Albrighton----Ireland------N'Zogbia

-----------------Gabby----------------

Unless he keeps Charles on the bench, plays Gabby out wide and Heskey upfront.. which is entirely possible... ****.

I really hope thats the side he puts out but I can't see him picking both Ireland and N'Zogbia.

Bloody hell this is depressing.

Â