Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Yes, he's finished with us

I seem to recall you stated recently he'd definitely be a Liverpool player come July.

Do you still think that is the case because I'll wager £20 to Villatalk he won't be.

I think Liverpool may be outbid

But I will take that bet on, subject to saying he won't be a Villa player by the start of 2012/13 season

Nope you said by July 2012 not by the start of season 2012/13.

Is it a yes on that basis?

I cant see a reason why he would stay with us if I am being honest.

Liverpool wont sign him, maybe Chelsea or Arsenal after RVP leaves in the summer. If Redknapp does leave Spurs as well I could see him going back to them if they fail to land Adeybayor.

Are we a selling club or not

to be fair, we only tend to sell players who make it clear that they want to **** off and who won't be signing new contracts. barry, milner, downing and young were all intent on leaving. we offered them new deals and they said no, so we couldve forced them to stay and got nothing for them, putting us further in debt (imagine what our books would be like without the transfer fees for them, on top of the wages we wouldve had to keep paying them), or we could sell them for as much as we could get

like it or not, there wasn't much of an option there

the problem is that we renew player contracts awfully, putting full power in their hands when they decide enough is enough

There were people pissing their pants about him going to QPR in the window. It was in the Guardian so it must be true.

IN fairness I remember the Guardian amazing exclusive last year that Inter Milan were thinking of bidding for Bale in the summer

If Liverpool come in for DB in the summer, we should really drag our heals and make the transfer as drawn out and as difficult as possible, cannot stand that club.

We'll get good money for him, and subject to it being made available to strengthen the side, the move may not be a bad thing, Gabby can move back up front.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing this guy gives us is a real goal threat and how we are going to miss him for these remaining games. It's crazy that people thought he wouldn't be missed but we have to remember the input he had in our turnaround at the end of last season.

If McLeish doesn't play Weimann up top to give us a real goal threat, goals are going to be at an absolute premium for us until the end of this season.

If Liverpool come in for DB in the summer, we should really drag our heals and make the transfer as drawn out and as difficult as possible, cannot stand that club.

We'll get good money for him, and subject to it being made available to strengthen the side, the move may not be a bad thing, Gabby can move back up front.

Don't be silly, we are a nice club, we do things the right way. We'll kiss bottom and bend over backwards for them.

And anybody can bring up the Barry situation, we only made that hard for them because MON made sure we didn't sell to them because of the way they treated us.

We won't get that from McLeish or Lerner, the ££££ will attract both, Lerner for the money in the bank and AM for the £3m he'll get from it for transfers.

Â