Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Anybody think he wont be playing for us again?

Me. I fully expect him to go to Liverpool in the summer :( (don't think they will have any trouble paying his wages, and boy do they need him given their profligacy in front of goal)

I can't blame him really, he's doing **** all right now not due to a lack of effort but because our clueless manager either doesn't want to play positive football that plays to his strength or can't motivate his other players to do so. It must be incredibly frustrating for him that not only has he been fed with little to no service at all all season, but his hopes of getting on the Euro plane has been more or less dashed (again!) due to the injury he received running around for the team against Wigan when he could have easily just refused to play and spend 90 minutes strolling around the pitch. Surely, surely his patience is running extremely thin now.

I'd be surprised if he did move to be honest. He's a good player but doesn't contribute alot to the build up, he's just a finisher really. Realistically its only one of the top 6 sides that could afford him and I can't see any of them making an offer.

If he has a really good euro 2012 then maybe someone might come in for him and if they offer what we paid for him or more I'd sell. Spending £24m on him was bizarre really when we knew Downing and Young were both going to be leaving. We would have been better off using that money to rebuild and buy 2 or 3 players rather than spending it all on one player.

I'd be surprised if he did move to be honest. He's a good player but doesn't contribute alot to the build up, he's just a finisher really. Realistically its only one of the top 6 sides that could afford him and I can't see any of them making an offer.

If he has a really good euro 2012 then maybe someone might come in for him and if they offer what we paid for him or more I'd sell. Spending £24m on him was bizarre really when we knew Downing and Young were both going to be leaving. We would have been better off using that money to rebuild and buy 2 or 3 players rather than spending it all on one player.

Bizarre? I beleive that signing is probably the reason the club was 9th last season, and will still be in the top division next season. He has made a big contribution to saving the club. Which 2 or 3 players could we of realistically got for that money who are good enough to make that impact?

I really feel bad for Bent, he came to Villa with the hope of jumpstarting his international career and it has all gone wrong for him after a brief bright spot. A loss for England.

In fairness he has got more opportunities for England since he joined Villa. His international career is over when Harry takes over anyway

My view is he was going anyway

Operation or not

For his england career he will have no option but leave

& I think Liverpool will definitely be in for him, probably others

My view is he was going anyway

Operation or not

For his england career he will have no option but leave

& I think Liverpool will definitely be in for him, probably others

Why would he need to leave for his England career? Since he joined us I don't think he's ever not been picked for England (injury aside).

Â