Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

To all those who said bent was lazy, missed easy chances and waste of space, I hop you are happy now. The club is in the biggest mess since 1987.

Don’t think anyone is happy, not necessarily singing the praises of Bent, doesn’t equate to being happy. Its a massive blow.

A few nutters on here wanted him dropped.

Sad news and our goal threat without Bent and Keane is minimal at best. For me it should now be Gabby up front on his own but if Big Eck is determined to play Heskey then it has to be and should only be alongside Gabby that he should be played. That should allow us to play some attack minded midfield players again but this squad is wafer thin now and suspensions will also come into play as would any further injuries. The only good thing is we still have a gap between us and those below us and I think we will need it.

To all those who said bent was lazy, missed easy chances and waste of space, I hop you are happy now. The club is in the biggest mess since 1987.

Don’t think anyone is happy, not necessarily singing the praises of Bent, doesn’t equate to being happy. Its a massive blow.

A few nutters on here wanted him dropped.

Wanting to drop him and being happy that he’s injured are two completely different things.

All this talk about Heskey...

Come on, the man can barely last a full 90 minutes with the huffing and puffing that is going to be required. And I doubt he will be able to maintain it week in and week out for the remainder of the season...

Speedy recovery please Darren... If not for Villa, England needs you now that loose cannon Rooney has shit the bed.

This always happens with England doesn't it...

Well people were saying that we weren't getting the best out of him and so he wasn't contributing and that would selling him be the worst thing possible, looks like we get a chance to find out

Personally not sure how losing the one class act the team has will benefit us but there you go. Let's get a glimpse now of Villa the way Mcleish wants to play, not "accommodating" Benty and see where that gets us

I couldn't see where the goals were coming from before Bent's injury now I'm not at all convinced we willscore more than 4 - 6 goals for the remaining few games

It won’t benefit us, but any decent manager (shit we have McLeish) would shuffle the pack and play to the strengths. Gabby is a class act IMO, but he’s not fit, but we should play a game to suit him. Will he score that many goals? No, but he will score some, and I am not sure that many less than Bent. For me the problem is still the ƒriggin’ supply line, or lack of one. Can we rely on Gabby applying himself? Yes. I am not sure we can say the same for Ireland and N’Zgobia under McLeish.

As always it comes down to us having a dreadful manager.

If it makes anyone feel better, I'm close to selling Bent on Football Manager. He's terrible. He never scores for Me and rarely puts in a performance higher than 6.5!

Although.... Dunne and Collins are my top scorers... so... maybe it's not too realistic?

The only way this can be a good thing is if Mcleish finally sees sense and plays a susyem that suits what we have. He was claiming we were attacking the other day because we had 4 attackers on the pitch ... that doesnt mean shit. Especially if they can't get the ball due to the midfield being completely bare

He's a **** idiot.

If Gabby plays up top alone, he'd better get his arse out of his hands and find some form. And we'll need two wingers and three central midfield players to keep things balanced

Think people are overeacting to this a bit. If the right team is picked - Wel be fine or should be.

Gabby up top, and a winger on the wing is, for me, a better combo than Bent up top and Gabby on the wing - WHEN PLAYING MCLIESH's TACTICS I STRESS!!

I cant think of many games - Norwich (h) for example where his goals have been critical to the points won, and dont think hes as important (playing in this system which isnt going to change) as people make out.

As for the Euros, I couldnt give a shit.

Â