Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

So it seems rumours were going around that Rooney might be sold.. Man United were quick to put out a statement :

JournoRich Richard Laverty

#MUFC statement: "Any suggestion Manchester United and Wayne Rooney are to part company is complete nonsense."

Rooney himself :

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney

The independent are talking absolute rubbish my future is with Manchester United and the club and I are totally commited to each other

Now where is AVFCOfficial and DarrenBent's statement ?

So it seems rumours were going around that Rooney might be sold.. Man United were quick to put out a statement :

#MUFC statement: "Any suggestion Manchester United and Wayne Rooney are to part company is complete nonsense."

Rooney himself :

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney

The independent are talking absolute rubbish my future is with Manchester United and the club and I are totally commited to each other

McLeish dismisses Bent speculation in AVTV press conference

Gaffer faces the media ahead of Bristol Rovers clash.

5th Jan 2012

McLeish dismisses Bent speculation in AVTV press conference

By Dan Harrison

Alex McLeish insists Villa have received no contact from other clubs regarding record signing Darren Bent.

McLeish faced the media at Bodymoor Heath this afternoon ahead of Saturday's FA Cup third round clash against Bristol Rovers.

He was quizzed about speculation linking Bent with a move away from Villa Park in the January transfer window.

But the Villa chief took the opportunity to reiterate the club's stance that the star striker is not for sale.

He said: "Honestly, we've not heard a thing from Liverpool. I'm aware of the speculation.

"But there has been no contact with this club and I think you've had three parties telling you that.

"You never know in this world but, at the moment, absolutely no contact.

"But, even if there was, we would not entertain that. We wouldn't want to entertain selling our top scorer of last season. He is a prolific marksman.

"We want him to get the goals in the second half of the season that can propel us up the table and have a good season, hopefully in the FA Cup as well.

"The club stance is we won't sell him."

There's that story and then the one today where McLeish mentioned about joking about the whole situation with Bent himself.

Now I'm not saying he won't be sold for sure, nobody knows in football, but then again I'd say the same about Rooney. Obviously we have to take into account that there aren't too many clubs which are bigger and better than Man Utd, whereas for us there are plenty of teams above us for Darren to move onto but we have to be realistic here.

Anyways, I think that serves as well as a statement than that of Man Utd's on Rooney. Players don't have to come out and say they're not leaving for sure, and even when one does mention it (Downing) it still doesn't mean anything. Whatever happens, happens I guess.

Rooney himself :

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney

Leave him alone! The guy is out shopping for christ sake, he hasnt got time to dismiss rumours.

Rooney himself :

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney

Leave him alone! The guy is out shopping for christ sake, he hasnt got time to dismiss rumours.

Milner is our biggest loss out of the big three mids we sold however we need Bent and we Need to start attacking and a never say die attitude.

We never replaced Barry in the middle. Barry has a footballing brain and a sweet left foot, and is still holding his own years later in a star studded side

We never replaced Milner is the middle. Non stop energy and graft. You take away his engine from our midfield and realise how **** useless the leftovers are

We never replaced Young on the wing. To think we all used to moan about his occassional mis hit crosses/corners. They were light years ahead of what we have now.

We never replaced Downing on the wing. He's a judas bastard and i'll never forgive him. But like Barry he had intelligence with the ball. He might not be doing well at Liverpool but we've missed him in our side greatly.

That adds up to about 70m in sales.

There's absolutely NO point in getting good fees for players unless you invest in better, or at the very least 'on par' replacements

God i'm depressed with this club

Milner is our biggest loss out of the big three mids we sold however we need Bent and we Need to start attacking and a never say die attitude.

We never replaced Barry in the middle. Barry has a footballing brain and a sweet left foot, and is still holding his own years later in a star studded side

We never replaced Milner is the middle. Non stop energy and graft. You take away his engine from our midfield and realise how **** useless the leftovers are

We never replaced Young on the wing. To think we all used to moan about his occassional mis hit crosses/corners. They were light years ahead of what we have now.

We never replaced Downing on the wing. He's a judas bastard and i'll never forgive him. But like Barry he had intelligence with the ball. He might not be doing well at Liverpool but we've missed him in our side greatly.

That adds up to about 70m in sales.

There's absolutely NO point in getting good fees for players unless you invest in better, or at the very least 'on par' replacements

God i'm depressed with this club

Brilliantly put.

Lets have some common sense? Some one will be able to tell me what our [dire] position was this time last year when we bought Bent (I seem to recall we are +3 points this season like for like). The board were sensible enough to realise we needed to address the situation and bought Bent. We have less quality in the squad than this time last year, and selling Bent, when (a) we are hardly red hot in these scoring department; (B) we are only just above a relegation fight; © the fans would be apoplectic. And after all how much do you think losing Bent and adding Keane will improve the bottom line - £20 - 30K a week for a few months at best?

Bent is a rock solid asset - 4years left on his contract, fringes of the England squad and a proven goalscorer. We payed between £18-25m so expect his resale to be £28-30 in January. Any less and it makes a mockery of the logic in buying him last January - we are actually inviting a flirtation with relegation and disastrous financial hardship.

We won't sell Bent this January.

Agreed. However the people who will make the final decision (Lerner and Faulkner) have demonstrated little common sense in the past.

Pay approx £3m compensation for a manager who have 2 relegations in 3 PL seasons.

Appointing a manager who was failing at local rivals - would have an adverse affect on season ticket sales, attendance.

With Lerner and Faulkner making the decisions nothing is off limits.

Trawl back through the manager thread there are plenty of

"Randy isn't stupid - he isn't going to appoint a manager who would alienate 50% of the fan base"

"Randy runs multi million pound enterprises - he hasn't done that by making stupid decisions"

So yes the impending sale of Bent makes no sense - but that doesn't worry the key players in this saga

Again the post above is 100% something I agree with, I do not trust the board when it comes to decisions and if an offer came in of say... £25m, we'd see Bent gone before you can close your eyes and say selling club. McLeish would then be given £5-10m of that to improve the squad and if you look at the players he is being linked with, it'd probably be Davis, Gardner and Keane.

We're becoming a poor team quicker than we became a good team.

I agree 'dodgyknees.' Should we receive such an offer then Bent will be gone. If the manager is not then given those funds to reinvest in the squad then i suspect there would be a revolt from Villa fans of the magnitude not seen before.

However, if we did sell Bent and Collins then i would hope the funds from those sales would be given to a new manager such as Hughes.

I'd love to see Hughes come in and be given a nice kitty, something like £30m would be fantastic - and yes, even if that meant selling Bent. I would trust the judgement of Hughes and believe he would go for the type of player to get us playing some nice attacking football. All wishful thinking though as I believe Randy would soak up any money he could and give crumbs to our anti football manager. It is worrying.

Again totally agree. I suspect hughes would target Samba. He'd also be very interested in Hoillet and would quickly identify the lack of quality in the centre of our midfield and actually do something about it.

But who would he target to replace Bent?

it shows how depressing it is that hughes would give the club a huge lift. hughes is the appitamy of average, however i would take average with the potential to improve over shit and no sign of anything but becoming more shit

its completely wrong that its even being discussed about selling our main striker, our club record signing, it shouldnt even be a thought

selling your top players wont improve the team, selling the deadwood and replacing with better will, but randy needs to stop soaking any spare money out of the club to line his own pockets...

and we though doug was bad...

all is forgiven doug!

Well if Liverpool are interested I can't imagine last nights events and their stance of Suarez have helped their cause given the suggestions Bent left Sunderland in part due to his mum being racial abused.

Good point.

Personally, I would have thought he was perfect for Arsenal but Wenger would never spend such a large amount.

Â