Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Ultimately, the England set up will tell him he needs CL football to sustain his England place

Bye Darren

No he doesn't.

He does however need a good manager managing him and he hasn't got that at the moment.

i think he will stay. if he was sold now after AMC's statement i'd be extremely surprised. That's a very strong statement from the club which is nice to see for a change.

Just like that strong statement when we said Downing was going nowhere only for Downing to be sold a few days later

i think he will stay. if he was sold now after AMC's statement i'd be extremely surprised. That's a very strong statement from the club which is nice to see for a change.

Just like that strong statement when we said Downing was going nowhere only for Downing to be sold a few days later

The Downing statment wasn't strong at all. if anything it was an open invitation to bid £20m.

This reads differnently. So either villa are getting better at the whole PR thing or he's not going anywhere

The Downing statment wasn't strong at all. if anything it was an open invitation to bid £20m.

This reads differnently. So either villa are getting better at the whole PR thing or he's not going anywhere

I agree. I think it would be highly embarrasing (even for us) to sell him after the manager has said that they `have a laugh' about the silly transfer rumours. For him to laugh and joke about it, and then sell him would upset a few people I think..

I agree. I think it would be highly embarrasing (even for us) to sell him after the manager has said that they `have a laugh' about the silly transfer rumours. For him to laugh and joke about it, and then sell him would upset a few people I think..

McLeish has been upsetting football fans every week for about 5 years now so he should be used to it.

Joking aside I dont think McLeish has any say whatsoever when it comes to the clubs selling policy

Downing put in a transfer request! :bang:

Ultimately, the England set up will tell him he needs CL football to sustain his England place

Bye Darren

Yep. Because he was a regular starter for England at previous clubs. Since he's joined us he hasn't had a look in not even had a sniff of a chance for England.

Lets have some common sense? Some one will be able to tell me what our [dire] position was this time last year when we bought Bent (I seem to recall we are +3 points this season like for like). The board were sensible enough to realise we needed to address the situation and bought Bent. We have less quality in the squad than this time last year, and selling Bent, when (a) we are hardly red hot in these scoring department; (B) we are only just above a relegation fight; © the fans would be apoplectic. And after all how much do you think losing Bent and adding Keane will improve the bottom line - £20 - 30K a week for a few months at best?

Bent is a rock solid asset - 4years left on his contract, fringes of the England squad and a proven goalscorer. We payed between £18-25m so expect his resale to be £28-30 in January. Any less and it makes a mockery of the logic in buying him last January - we are actually inviting a flirtation with relegation and disastrous financial hardship.

We won't sell Bent this January.

I think he will leave in either this window or the next, but don't really care to be perfectly honest.

Because you dont rate him or just generally dont give a shit?

No I rate him, I just never really warmed to him as much as some of our other players really, dunno why.

Sell him. Bent with our current team is not going to make a difference to our fortunes plus we gave up any ambition the day James Milner left so is it really a big deal if he goes? The likes of Norwich are above us with no star player.

Sell him.

:|

Bent with our current manager is not going to make a difference to our fortunes

Fixed.

is it really a big deal if he goes?

Yes.

The likes of Norwich are above us with no star player.

It's because the our current manager is poor and isn't doing anything to help Bent in terms of formation or support/service.

Â